where to get cpap supplies?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
madkimchi

where to get cpap supplies?

Post by madkimchi » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:26 pm

i have blue shield blue cross insurance and i need to find an online supplier that will bill my insurance. any suggestions? my current supplier is a local medical supply store recommended by my doctor and they are absolutely the worst. no online order, have to call like 3 times to get my order placed and even then it's usually wrong. it drives me crazy.

thx in advance.

zoocrewphoto

Re: where to get cpap supplies?

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:19 am

You might try calling your insurance and ask if they know of one. Most online places don't work with insurance. I have only found one, and they are out of network, which means I would need to satisfy a higher deductible.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:39 am

madkimchi wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:26 pm
i have blue shield blue cross insurance and i need to find an online supplier that will bill my insurance. any suggestions? my current supplier is a local medical supply store recommended by my doctor and they are absolutely the worst. no online order, have to call like 3 times to get my order placed and even then it's usually wrong. it drives me crazy.

thx in advance.
I have no idea where you are, but many cities have multiple stores that sell respiratory supplies (including CPAP). Have you checked other locals?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:25 am

There are online suppliers that will let you use your insurance as long as they have a contract with your particular insurance company.

Best thing to do is call up your insurance and ask them to furnish you with a list of cpap suppliers that they work with (have a contract with) and then you choose.

Verus is one that comes to mind that might have a contract with your insurance
https://verushealthcare.com/

Nationwide Medical is another
https://www.nationwidemedical.com/

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:34 am

If your insurance company is unresponsive, you might try finding a supplier by goggling, and then ask them if they take your insurance.

Since they're shipping it anyhow, the place can be hundreds of miles away. At one time, I ordered from a supplier on the opposite coast.

DAYMX5

Post by DAYMX5 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:46 pm

BC & BS works with Lincare.