Aircurve 10 vauto question - new user

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tuzacat

Aircurve 10 vauto question - new user

Post by tuzacat » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:33 am

Hi, Folks, I just got my new machine this week and I am exploring it. I really like it; it is much quieter than my old one which was an ASV. I have been able to access the clinical menu so I can see what they have done but I haven't quite been able to figure some things out.

The green light on the start/stop button stays lit all day but goes off when I use the machine at night. Is that normal? Is there a way to just turn that light off?

The start seems ultra sensitive. They have enabled auto on which works very well but when I take the mask off it takes much longer. Am I just being too impatient? I have pressed the stop button when it hasn't gone off but that seems to mess things up. Today I was trying to access the data and it kept turning the machine on. Obviously, I'm not doing something right and when I pressed the start/stop button to turn it off it restarted again. Can I turn it off manually without disabling the auto start?

They have the humidifier and heated hose set to auto. It has definitely helped with my dry mouth issue but it's too much for my nose which is stuffier now. I haven't started playing with that yet but will soon.

Thanks for any thoughts you have for me about these things! As always I appreciate your help!

Best,
Sandra

FifthAvenue

Re: Aircurve 10 vauto question - new user

Post by FifthAvenue » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:44 am

Hello: I have the same machine. Suggest that you download the clinical manual from http://www.apneaboard.com. It will provide instructions on opening up full control on your new machine. Good luck.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:07 am

Auto On when using SmartStart is quick...Auto OFF when you take the mask off takes about 10 seconds so perhaps you are just being a bit impatient. If it takes longer than 15 seconds to shut off after you remove the mask then the machine probably is having trouble sensing you are no longer attached. It can happen sometimes especially at lower pressures. When that happens just manually turn it off with a quick press of that top button.
Now it will continue to blow at a lower air flow level for about 30 minutes after the main bigger flow is turned off. This is the cool down mode used to dry out the hose a bit. It's optional if you want the machine to do this but the only way to stop it is unplug from wall socket.
tuzacat wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:33 am
The green light on the start/stop button stays lit all day but goes off when I use the machine at night. Is that normal? Is there a way to just turn that light off?
The light is just indicating power readiness. The only way to turn it off is unplug the machine from wall socket power source.
It's normal and I would leave it alone.

You push the round button or turn it to access data...not the top button which is strictly a power on/off button.
So you are pushing the wrong button when trying to access the menus.

Get that manual and read up on the features and play with all the buttons and knobs...you will get the hang of it quickly.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

tuzacat

Post by tuzacat » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:46 am

Thank you, Fifth Avenue and Pugsy! I got the manual prior to posting so I wouldn't waste anybody's time. That was how I was able to access Essential Plus so I could see my data and also I wanted to check up on what they had set things at as well as blower hours etc. (Wanted to make sure I had a new machine) Couldn't quite find the answers to my questions. They are doing things differently than when I first started this therapy in 2009. At that time the respiratory therapist came out to the house , fit the mask, set up the machine, and answered questions. This one they just mailed to me set to my doctor's prescription. This machine has things happening on the side instead of the top like my old machine so it's more difficult for me to see what is happening - I have it in a lower nightstand drawer. I may have to move it up a drawer.:)

Thank you for being so specific, Pugsy! My last machine would power on and light up when you plugged it in but then the light would go off - so I wanted to make sure I hadn't somehow done something wrong.

I am guessing when the machine didn't turn off as quickly as I thought it would/should I was probably telling it to turn back on after it turned off.

I haven't tried the SD card in Sleepyhead yet. Was going to download OSCAR but I am not sure which of the Windows links to click on - not sure if this is the lower or higher one so I have to find out where to find that info.

All in all I'm really happy with this machine so far. I'm also hoping with the lower pressures that I can return to a nasal mask but I want to get everything set up and comfortable before I change anything else.

Pugsy, you probably don't hear it enough but you have helped so many of us, and I, for one, am really grateful to you!

Best,
Sandra

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Unless your computer as some age on it you probably have a 64 bit computer.
To find out for sure just go to system information and look for the type and it will say whether it is 32 or 64 bit.

Here's where it shows up in my Windows 10 laptop
systinfo.JPG

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.