Cat bites climateline hose while I sleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zonker

Re: Cat bites climateline hose while I sleep

Post by zonker » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:49 pm

palerider wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:42 pm
zonker wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:46 am
jsmit86 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:21 am
rcobourn wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:33 am
Cpapissuegirl wrote:My cat has recently started biting my hose to wake me up. Does anyone know a hose cover to help prevent this. I have tried spraying bitters on the hose to no avail. Taping the hose makes it stiff. She is a 14 year old cat and I don’t want to make her sleep elsewhere at this point. Thanks!
Try wrapping it in aluminum foil.
I really recommend against that.
Wrapping the cat in foil is extremely difficult! The cat refuses to stay still, and since he has claws, I got a lot of scratches.
It sounded like a good idea, but ... no.
not only that, but it eliminates any microwave warming.
You can microwave things in foil... if you want a lightning show.

CDs are fun too... about 2 seconds on high.
hmmm....your college dorm room must have been a lot of fun!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

linagee

Post by linagee » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:22 pm

If you wrap the hose in a green sleeve, you might be able to make it look like a cucumber. YouTube tells me that cats hate cucumbers. :lol:

jsmit86

Post by jsmit86 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:25 pm

I got a hose cover, and I've been putting the hose into a cubby on the headboard of my bed.
Last night, I head that hissing sound again! WTH????
I disconnected the hose, and sure enough.... bite marks right near the end where the cover ends.
ARRRRRGGGGH!

This is the 4th ClimateLine heated hose in less than a year!

So.... a few changes. I have not been totally closing the cubby. It has a sliding door, which I have left open a bit to be able to quickly grab the TV remote.
I didn't expect the goofball cat to climb into the cubby, but I suspect that what has happened. Most likely during the day when I'm not home.

Now..... using a standard cheap hose. When I get up, it goes in the cubby, and the door is totally closed.
I may put the cover on for night time, but I did not last night.

Finally, If all else fails, I may try covering the cat in foil! :twisted:

Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset - Former Airsense 10 Autoset
Resmed Airtouch F20 Foam Mask
Travel unit HDM Z2 Auto

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:17 am

jsmit86 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:25 pm
I got a hose cover, and I've been putting the hose into a cubby on the headboard of my bed.
Last night, I head that hissing sound again! WTH????
I disconnected the hose, and sure enough.... bite marks right near the end where the cover ends.
ARRRRRGGGGH!

This is the 4th ClimateLine heated hose in less than a year!

So.... a few changes. I have not been totally closing the cubby. It has a sliding door, which I have left open a bit to be able to quickly grab the TV remote.
I didn't expect the goofball cat to climb into the cubby, but I suspect that what has happened. Most likely during the day when I'm not home.

Now..... using a standard cheap hose. When I get up, it goes in the cubby, and the door is totally closed.
I may put the cover on for night time, but I did not last night.

Finally, If all else fails, I may try covering the cat in foil! :twisted:
My shepherd only got it once but there was no fixing with duck tape :lol:
4B6EA44A-F862-4AB2-A86C-5CA0926FB907.jpeg
she also got the mask.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:05 am

Om nom nom! TASTY!!!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:57 pm

jsmit86 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:25 pm
...I may try covering the cat in foil! :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:06 pm

Shepherd . . . Good thing it wasn't a labrador--they will swallow anything.
Then you have ruined stuff AND a huge vet bill.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:16 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:06 pm
Shepherd . . . Good thing it wasn't a labrador--they will swallow anything.
Then you have ruined stuff AND a huge vet bill.
Oh I have a lab mix too. :lol: :lol: She ate a bar of soap once but thankfully she didn't get this stuff.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:07 am

Coat the hose with something disagreeable (but not harmful) to cats. Ask you vet what to use if you're not sure.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:40 am

"Ode Of PitBull!" Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:00 pm

Isn't this what doors are for? I hate to be naive, but if your animals are wreaking havoc with your cpap stuff in the bedroom, close the door with the animals on the outside?

Just a thought.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:42 pm

RogerSC wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:00 pm
Isn't this what doors are for? I hate to be naive, but if your animals are wreaking havoc with your cpap stuff in the bedroom, close the door with the animals on the outside?

Just a thought.
I've had my fur-babies for far longer than I've had my bilevel machine. They will get used to it and if I have to replace parts because of my own stupidity, I choose to do that rather than stress and confuse them more by locking them out of what I consider their bedroom too.

Not trying to start an argument just explaining my feelings on the matter. The op may feel differently but I believe he mentioned the cat belongs to his wife. I expect he is makng accommodations to preserve marital harmony. :lol:

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:29 am

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:42 pm
RogerSC wrote:

Just a thought.
I've had my fur-babies for far longer than I've had my bilevel machine. They will get used to it and if I have to replace parts because of my own stupidity, I choose to do that rather than stress and confuse them more by locking them out of what I consider their bedroom too.

Not trying to start an argument just explaining my feelings on the matter. The op may feel differently but I believe he mentioned the cat belongs to his wife. I expect he is makng accommodations to preserve marital harmony. :lol:
Sure, just a suggestion. When we had dogs and cats for a lot of years, they didn't sleep in the occupied bedrooms, so I know that it can be done *smile*. But if you'd rather deal with the wreckage, so be it *smile*.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:09 am

RogerSC wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:29 am
babydinosnoreless wrote:
RogerSC wrote:

Just a thought.

Sure, just a suggestion. When we had dogs and cats for a lot of years, they didn't sleep in the occupied bedrooms, so I know that it can be done *smile*. But if you'd rather deal with the wreckage, so be it *smile*.
Of course it can be done.

She didn't say it couldn't be done. She said, she didn't want to stress and confuse her pets by forcing a change.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:08 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:09 am
RogerSC wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:29 am
babydinosnoreless wrote:
RogerSC wrote:

Just a thought.

Of course it can be done.

She didn't say it couldn't be done. She said, she didn't want to stress and confuse her pets by forcing a change.
Learn to recognize irony and sarcasm, and life will be more fun for you.