Machine died last night

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Kody

Machine died last night

Post by Kody » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:35 pm

My ancient Respironics Bipap autoSV advanced quit working last night. I knew it was on it's last legs awhile back. I have Kaiser insurance who works with Apria. When I was first diagnosed 6 years ago they sent me to Apria who gave me an outdated model at the time and rented it to me for a hundred a month for years. I didn't know any better at the time I wasn't on this board. My question is this, thanks to you guys I found out the current model is the Dream Station Bipap Auto SV aprx $4000.00 dollars from what I've seen on the internet. I don't have tons of money and don't want to get burned with Apria again. Should I bite the bullet and buy it off the internet, or see what Apria will sell it to me for? I'm kind of confused with my options. I don't want to end up paying 3 times what the machine is worth through Apria, if they are still doing business like that or not? Any ideas would be appreciated thank you.
Complex Sleep Apnea

Pugsy

Re: Machine died last night

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:42 pm

Look at secondwindcpap.com.

Your choice on if you want to deal with Apria again or not.
You do need to find out exactly how your insurance handles the purchase of the machine...sounds like you got into a perpetual rental situation and not a rent to own capped rental. If your insurance does indeed do the perpetual rental thing...by all means buy it out of pocket...will save you money in the long run.
Check directly with your insurance...don't trust Apria to give you any information as to what your insurance does or doesn't do.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Kody

Post by Kody » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:53 pm

Thank you very much Pugsy, I really appreciate the information, and I'll check out that website as well. Not fun sleeping without any machine at all, I'm too used to it and feel terrible today. Think I will be getting a back up after this as soon as I can.
Complex Sleep Apnea

bonjour

Post by bonjour » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:17 pm

The only additional thing I would suggest is that you should possibly consider a ResMed machine, You have more control for this now than you will have for the next 5+ years.
I am NOT saying to not get another PR machine.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:56 pm

bonjour wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:17 pm
I am NOT saying to not get another PR machine.
I am.

Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV machines take up less space on the table, they're quieter, they work better, they come with a better case, they hold more water, the auto start works *WAY* better, they provide better data, AND they're more responsive.

Resmed invented the ASV, they do it better.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.