Old Respironics M Series BiPap -- Any use?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sburke91

Old Respironics M Series BiPap -- Any use?

Post by sburke91 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:23 pm

After getting my shiny new AirCurve a few weeks ago, I've been culling down the plethora of xPAP machines I've accumulated over the past 10 years of therapy. The last man standing is my first, a Respironics M Series BiPap. It still works, but has HUGE hours on it, almost 13k.

Is there any place I can land this (give away, donate) where it can be of use, maybe as parts for someone, or should I just toss it?

sburke91

Re: Old Respironics M Series BiPap -- Any use?

Post by sburke91 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:57 am

Anyone? I hate to just drop it in the trash or to an electronics recycler if anyone can use it for parts.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:16 am

If you don't have a spare machine for a back up in case your current machine drops dead (it can happen) then I suggest you keep the old machine just in case....

If you already have a back up machine and don't want another...then offer it up for free here on the forum to someone in need.
Even a high hour machine is better than no machine to someone in need.

You won't likely find any official place willing to take a high hour machine for donation. It's an old dinosaur and a heavily used dinosaur that those places just won't want to mess with.
If you don't need it and just want it out of your house right now and not wait on finding someone in need...I will take it if you are wanting to give it away...I will store it safely with the other donated stuff and I watch the forum for people in need...then I give stuff away.
I am familiar with that model machine and I know how to make it work for just about anyone...be it cpap or apap or bilevel needs.
I know its limitations....but again if the choice is no machine or a high hour machine with some limitations...guess which choice people will make.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:29 am

sburke91 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:57 am
Anyone? I hate to just drop it in the trash or to an electronics recycler if anyone can use it for parts.
viewtopic/t174153/What-to-do-with-a-ver ... chine.html
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

sburke91

Post by sburke91 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:23 pm

I'm well-fixed for backups--I have a primary machine, a travel machine, and a 3rd machine for backup, in case either one of the first two fail. This one's the last one of herd, free to anyone that wants it and pays shipping.