Sleepyhead showing "Summary Only :( "

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gasper62

Sleepyhead showing "Summary Only :( "

Post by Gasper62 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:21 am

Hello all. It's been a while since my last visit. Everything was going great with my APAP therapy and monitoring until my old Windows 7 computer died. I am slowly attempting to learn my way around Windows 10. I had successfully loaded and used the most recent Sleepyhead software I found online. (for a while) Today, after I put the SD card in and imported my data... all that showed was the stuff on the left, stats-sleep period-etc. No graphs were showing at all !Just a large, masked sheep and at the bottom of the usual graph area it simply said "summary only :( ". There were 500+ days of data imported recently and they're still shown on the Overview feature and the statistics page. I have no idea how to make the flow & leak graphs come back. I think that I might have failed to "lock" the data card once, not sure, and I'm wondering if that could cause the bar graphs to disappear from the display ? I also changed my PC security program to Bitdefender recently, although I doubt that has anything to do with the missing flow graphs. Any thoughts, maybe an older Sleepyhead version...one that is more friendly to computer dummies ? Thanks for any help or suggestions you might offer. :?

LSAT

Re: Sleepyhead showing "Summary Only :( "

Post by LSAT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:12 am

It's not necessary to lock the card........It sounds line the card was not in the machine during the night while you were sleeping. If you insert the card in the morning, it will not record the detail from the night before...only the summary data.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:30 am

Do you happen to have the most recent 7 night's graphs and what you are worrying about are those 500 plus nights missing graphs?

Are you still using the S9 machine?
If you are still using the S9 it's not SleepyHead that is the problem. It's the S9 overwriting old files on the SD card itself.

Is the old computer totally dead?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:58 am

Here's the deal with S9 machines....the machine itself will overwrite its on data files on the SD card after a relatively short period of time.
Some at 7 days and the rest at 30 days. Only the summary data is ever stored otherwise on the machine.
So even if you always have the SD card in the S9 to have it write the detailed data to the SD card...the machine will overwrite the files for the detailed graphs and you can't get old graphs.
This is why we would tell people to download to software at least once a week if they wanted to make sure they always had the graphs and details.

If the old computer isn't totally dead there is a way to retrieve what was stored in whatever SleepyHead version you were using on the old computer and maybe put it in the new version so you can see the old data.

There is no way to retrieve anything that was overwritten though just from the SD card itself.

I had this happen when I was using the S9 when I would often go several weeks between downloads. Since I didn't care about old details I didn't put a big effort into making sure that I downloaded at least once a week.

Now the new AirSense machines...they don't overwrite the data files on the SD card...so you can go much much longer between downloads and not lose anything.

The locking of the SD card...all that does is prevent Windows 8xxxx and higher from putting a little text file on the SD card that the S9 machine doesn't want on the SD card. If you don't lock it when you put it back in the S9 the machine will see that little text file and squawk about the card not being "right" and want to erase the card so that the card is the way the machine expects it to be.
Don't let it do that until you are okay with everything getting erased including summary data.
BTW the AirSense machines don't care about that little text file and there's no need to lock the card for the AirSense machines. The locking warning thing was only because of the S9 machines. The S9 machines were the only ones affected by that little text file on the SD card.

The absence of the detailed graphs from nights past 7 days...has nothing to do with your OS or your security programs but instead is related to just how the S9 does the data writing to the SD card and nothing you can do about it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:48 pm

The old computer is gone. I just put the card in again today and did the import. Still no graphs, no matter what day or month I try to display. I don't see where I have anything turned off or disabled... I did an uninstall and then reinstalled the program, same symptoms. The leak and pressure rows are missing from the statistics page also. I don't really care about the old detailed data, I'd just like to see the most recent stuff again. I am at a loss... :?
Attachments
cpap2.PNG
cpap2.PNG (74.16 KiB) Viewed 1415 times
cpap.PNG
cpap.PNG (128.22 KiB) Viewed 1415 times

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:06 pm

The SD card MUST be in the S9 machine during the night to have the detailed data files be written to the SD card.
If it was in the machine last night....make sure that the SD card isn't still locked. Though normally the S9 will tell you if your SD card is locked when you first put it in the slot.

If it was in the machine all night for sure and the S9 recognized it..and it was for sure unlocked...
Do you have another SD card available to try tonight.

Also...try creating a new profile and importing to the new profile. I can't imagine that you accidentally turned off the graphs but just in case.

You won't have anything older than a week but you should have the most recent 7 nights unless you let the S9 erase the SD card.
So if you at any time got the "invalid card" message and the choice to erase...and you allowed the S9 to erase the card then all those graphs are gone.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:10 pm

LSAT wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:12 am
It's not necessary to lock the card........
It is necessary to lock the card with Windows 10 and a s9

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:45 pm

New profile, same results. The card definitely was in and accepted by the S9 last nite. Sleepyhead says that 508 sleep sessions have been loaded but no details are shown. I just noticed the 0cmH2O pressure statement in the welcome box/panel ??? Update: It WAS the security program screwing things up ! Everything went back to normal when I uninstalled Bitdefender. BTW, it shows this site as not secure. Not really sure what that means...
Attachments
not.PNG
not.PNG (3.11 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
Last edited by Gasper62 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Do you know how to zip/compress the entire SD card and then send it as an attachment in a regular email to someone?
Basically you go to the SD card but not in it and right click mouse and I think you will see "send to" and when you click on that you get an option to compress/zip.
If you can do that...let me know via private message and I will send you my private email and you can send me a copy of that card and I will run it through my SH and see what I get.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:23 pm

I guess I need to contact the customer service folks at Bitdefender and find out how to make Sleepyhead immune to their over-protective protocols. Norton never posed any problem... :( Or, maybe I'll fire up an ancient laptop that's running Win XP. - set up Sleepyhead and Norton Antivirus on it.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:52 pm
Do you know how to zip/compress the entire SD card and then send it as an attachment in a regular email to someone?
Basically you go to the SD card but not in it and right click mouse and I think you will see "send to" and when you click on that you get an option to compress/zip.
If you can do that...let me know via private message and I will send you my private email and you can send me a copy of that card and I will run it through my SH and see what I get.
Thanks for the kind offer, Pugsy, I found what the problem is. Now, I just need to find the correct "fix" . :wink:

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:24 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:10 pm
LSAT wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:12 am
It's not necessary to lock the card........
It is necessary to lock the card with Windows 10 and a s9

Yup ! Been to this rodeo enough times to know that ! Good to see that you're still fightin' the good fight !
Attachments
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif (847 Bytes) Viewed 1384 times

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Gasper62 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:45 pm
New profile, same results. The card definitely was in and accepted by the S9 last nite. Sleepyhead says that 508 sleep sessions have been loaded but no details are shown. I just noticed the 0cmH2O pressure statement in the welcome box/panel ??? Update: It WAS the security program screwing things up ! Everything went back to normal when I uninstalled Bitdefender. BTW, it shows this site as not secure. Not really sure what that means...
The login page for this site is securely encrypted with an SSL certificate. The rest of the site is not, but is noes not have sensitive data.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.