Dating with CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cwilborn

Dating with CPAP

Post by cwilborn » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:42 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Carol and I work with a DME company. I'm not here to promote our products or site – instead, we're doing a project that aims to shine a humorous light on some of the struggles of people who use CPAP.

One of my colleagues is in her 40s and she uses a CPAP machine. She's also divorced, and the device has been an interesting challenge (to say the least) for her when it comes to dating. She likes to share some of the funny stories that she has about trying to explain her device to guys she dates, and we thought that this would be a really fun way to try to dispel some of the embarrassment that some people who use CPAP feel.

Basically, I just want to hear your stories, especially if they're funny or unexpected. We'll take a few of the stories that we get and turn them into a blog post or other article that we can share online. If you'd like your name included, we're happy to, but you are more than welcome to be completely anonymous.

You reply to this thread to share your experiences or, if you aren't comfortable telling your story here, you can DM or email me.

Thanks in advance!

palerider

Re: Dating with CPAP

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:12 am

cwilborn wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:42 am
Hi everyone,

My name is Carol and I work with a DME company. I'm not here to promote our products or site – instead, we're doing a project that aims to shine a humorous light on some of the struggles of people who use CPAP.

One of my colleagues is in her 40s and she uses a CPAP machine. She's also divorced, and the device has been an interesting challenge (to say the least) for her when it comes to dating. She likes to share some of the funny stories that she has about trying to explain her device to guys she dates, and we thought that this would be a really fun way to try to dispel some of the embarrassment that some people who use CPAP feel.

Basically, I just want to hear your stories, especially if they're funny or unexpected. We'll take a few of the stories that we get and turn them into a blog post or other article that we can share online. If you'd like your name included, we're happy to, but you are more than welcome to be completely anonymous.
This sounds like it could be fun :D

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:12 pm

I'm guessing "dating" is a bit of a euphemism as CPAP wouldn't normally be an issue / topic unless it were "a sleep over".

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that includes sex. :!: :idea:

I'm sure I can't be alone in my curiosity that one of the first things I wanted to see on SleepyHead was what an orgasm looked like? As I'm scientific I wanted (over the course of a few weeks) to see it from at least three POV.

...lots of people write how they like keeping their head under covers while still being able to breath with fresh air ...

~~~well, you've GOT to explore THAT benefit, right? :oops:

~~~anywho~~~

I'm monogamous, but if I weren't, I would definitely want TO COMPARE.

SleepyHead arousal, that is ... (sorry I don't know how to post my charts :roll: )
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

salinas212

Post by salinas212 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:02 pm

And here I was thinking I'd discovered some wonderful side benefit of CPAP by hunkering completely submerged under piles of warm, comfy covers almost a foot deep on a chilly night from initial doze-off to final wakeup without ever surfacing, even once!. Guess I'm the one that's late to this dance. Still may be the single most enjoyable event I enjoy about all this!

If you're gonna be a dog, why intentionally choose Chihuahua!?!

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:17 pm

(1) CPAP is meant to be worn while one is asleep.

(2) One should not date while one is asleep.

(3) There is nothing (a) embarrassing or (b) funny about someone being serious about staying healthy.

(4) Snoring, on the other hand, can be both.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:02 pm

jnk... wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:17 pm
not even if it's the woman of my dreams?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:00 pm

zonker wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:02 pm
jnk... wrote:
not even if it's the woman of my dreams?
Dreams are fine. But if two people want to live the dream, it can only be done with all eyes fixed intently on shared reality.

Man, I sure ruined this thread, didn't I! :shock: Quick, somebody please post something funny. :lol:
Last edited by jnk... on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:20 pm

I have visions of a dinner in a fancy restaurant--wearing a cpap. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:45 pm

jnk... wrote:
SLEEP DATING!!!! Take the work out of dating... do it in your sleep!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:46 pm

jnk... wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:00 pm
Man, I sure ruined this thread, didn't I! :shock: Quick, somebody please post something funny. :lol:
Party pooper.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:05 pm

Cpap is the world's best excuse!
"I can't do *that* because the mask gets in the way". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Whenever I read this sort of discussion I can't help but think of a woman we had here some years back.
Not sure if I remember all the exact particulars but she got put on cpap...either had a boyfriend at the time or got one shortly after that and I think they eventually even married.
But a few months into the relationship (I guess she figured out he was a good candidate for OSA too...he probably snored something awful) she got him tested and yep...dual cpap household.
She was always sort of a wild child and I guess he was too.
So one night they decided to do the deed while both wearing their cpap masks and having the machine on.
She wanted to see what the data looked like... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think I ever saw the reports but seems like she did mention a truck load of false positive flagged events showed up while they were "experimenting".

The stuff people will do in the name of science. :shock:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:21 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:05 pm
Maybe not with a fullface mask ... but maybe dreamwear should add it to their marketing as another benefit?
:o
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

CPAPSteve

Post by CPAPSteve » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:30 pm

Grace~~~ wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:21 pm
chunkyfrog wrote:
Maybe not with a fullface mask ... but maybe dreamwear should add it to their marketing as another benefit?
One thing is for certain - FFM’s are excellent sound deadeners so as to not wake the kids.

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:59 pm

Grace~~~ wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:21 pm
chunkyfrog wrote:

what better reason for the p10?
:lol: :lol:
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg