How accurate are the home sleep studies and are they really necessary?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: How accurate are the home sleep studies and are they really necessary?

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:10 pm

DUG wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:24 am
palerider wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:02 am
DUG wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:46 am
I meant maybe I forgot to shut off the machine, when I took the mask off my face. The mask was on the floor.
My wife tried to get me to put it on, but I wouldn't wear it. But, the graph does look like it was being worn.
I wasn't wearing it from 630-8. It may have been pushing air, but the mask was on the floor.

I feel like I'm crazy, maybe I put it on and didn't realize it. I must have, computers don't lie. But anyway, what do you think about things before 630 am?
Not too bad... min pressure's still a bit low.
Minimum pressure is too low? I guess we go to 12 tonight. I didn't enjoy 10, 12 should be even better!
See how the pressure keeps doing that sawtooth? something happens, pressure goes up, things are ok, machine says "well, you SAID that this should be the pressure (min) and it starts going back down to that, then something happens, pressure goes up... and the cycle repeats, over and over.

You look at what the pressure is when 'something happens', at the bottom of those jumps, and set the min just a little above that.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:50 pm

To remove the attachment that you posted for the wrong date you just go to your user control panel and click on "manage attachments" and mark the one you want to delete and then delete it.

Alternately when you do post an attachment if you put it "inline" instead at the bottom you can go in and edit the image out that way but only when you choose "inline"....at least I think that can be done.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DUG

Post by DUG » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:39 pm

I just had the best nap ever. If it was like this at night, I would be great.

Now, the time stamp is wrong, because it is graphing out to 730 and it's only 630 right now.

At least it's not so choppy. Still got a shit score though, 20.42, worse than last night.

I think I feel asleep about 330 and woke up at 530, roughly.

Settings are 10/20 with EPR at 3. Better?

screenshot-20180825-183427.png (80.42 KiB) Viewed 17237 times

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:09 pm

DUG wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:39 pm
I just had the best nap ever. If it was like this at night, I would be great.

Now, the time stamp is wrong, because it is graphing out to 730 and it's only 630 right now.

At least it's not so choppy. Still got a shit score though, 20.42, worse than last night.

I think I feel asleep about 330 and woke up at 530, roughly.

Settings are 10/20 with EPR at 3. Better?
Look at the example of what we want to see, look at the graphs you're giving us. Spot the differences... fix them.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:58 pm

jnk... wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:28 am
So then, what I said WAS true in your case, right? Or did I misunderstand you?
nicholasjh1 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:17 am
. . . Severe apnea at home study was enough for them. . . .
jnk... wrote: . . . Home sleep studies are . . . used for docs to prove . . . someone should be allowed to try PAP therapy. They are very good in that they are accurate enough for that specific purpose . . .
Yes what you said is true.
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

DUG

Post by DUG » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:18 pm

I really cranked it up 2 nights ago. 12/20
Makes a helluva racket, but I guess that's what works.
Plus, it tends to blow out the top a bit across my eyes. It's hard to get it to seat correctly at 12.

Last night about 2 am, I threw it on the ground about 2 am and my wife couldn't get me to put it back on in my groggy haze. Normally, I listen, but I'm tired of laying on my back and I'm developing a sore spot on the side of my nose. I got a 10 AHI last night.

screenshot-20180830-171252.png (84.61 KiB) Viewed 17159 times

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:57 pm

DUG wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:18 pm
I really cranked it up 2 nights ago. 12/20
Makes a helluva racket, but I guess that's what works.
Plus, it tends to blow out the top a bit across my eyes. It's hard to get it to seat correctly at 12.
mask liners... padacheek.com