Bathroom visits - pressure changes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
snoozysue

Bathroom visits - pressure changes

Post by snoozysue » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi
Sometimes (not often) I need to go for a quick bathroom trip at night and I turn the machine (Dreamstation Auto) off.
I tend to find that some events occur when I go back to sleep as the machine can't get to the required pressure quickly enough.
If I was to leave the machine running would I find that the pressure has increased greatly when I return.
I don't want this to happen as I already average about 15. The machine is set from 8-18.

Thanks

palerider

Re: Bathroom visits - pressure changes

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:30 pm

snoozysue wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:23 pm
Hi
Sometimes (not often) I need to go for a quick bathroom trip at night and I turn the machine (Dreamstation Auto) off.
I tend to find that some events occur when I go back to sleep as the machine can't get to the required pressure quickly enough.
If I was to leave the machine running would I find that the pressure has increased greatly when I return.
no.
snoozysue wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:23 pm
I don't want this to happen as I already average about 15. The machine is set from 8-18.
8 is too low. Raise it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jim22

Post by jim22 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Is the ramp feature starting you at a lower pressure? If so, disable it.
Jim

Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, Swift FX nasal pillows mask

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:12 pm

Thank you for the suggestions.
I don't use the ramp and my low setting is fine for almost all days except the once or twice a month when I wake and get up.
Just curious how long the pressure would remain constant if I disconnect from the machine.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:16 pm

snoozysue wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:12 pm
I don't use the ramp and my low setting is fine for almost all days except the once or twice a month when I wake and get up.
Just curious how long the pressure would remain constant if I disconnect from the machine.
It can tell you're not breathing, it'll either shut off after a minute (if you've got 'auto off' turned off, or it'll just record a black BND (Breathing Not Detected) spot on the data.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:36 am

Thank you

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:23 am

snoozysue wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:12 pm
If you are averaging 15, then 8 is too low. It will take too much time to go from 8 to 15.

Perhaps if you post the graphs from a typical night, we can help you find a better minimum pressure that will work every night, including those with a bathroom break.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?