Marine Sports Mask Seal ..code #M11339

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
needingu

Marine Sports Mask Seal ..code #M11339

Post by needingu » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:51 am

I had a while finding how the mask seal was listed on ..I contacted the http://www.island-scuba.com/p-M11339.html
m and was given this code #...Thought it might helpful to someone.I have been reading on this post and thought I better add it to my kit...

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): seal

We can all be angels to one another. ..., the little whisper that says,Go. Ask. Reach out. The world will be a better place for it. And wherever they are, the angels will dance."

OwlCreekObserver

Re: Marine Sports Mask Seal ..code #M11339

Post by OwlCreekObserver » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:37 am

needingu wrote:I had a while finding how the mask seal was listed on ..I contacted the http://www.island-scuba.com/p-M11339.html
m and was given this code #...Thought it might helpful to someone.I have been reading on this post and thought I better add it to my kit...
I'd be interested in trying this stuff, but the company's charge for shipping a tube of it runs from $9.51 to $37.59, depending on how fast you want it. Seems a little steep for a $4.99 product.

I tried a local dive shop but they've never heard of the stuff. Has anyone found another, less expensive, source?

OCO

rbv24

Post by rbv24 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:35 pm

West Marine carries it for I believe $6.50.

Vader

Re: Marine Sports Mask Seal ..code #M11339

Post by Vader » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:07 am

OwlCreekObserver wrote:
needingu wrote:I had a while finding how the mask seal was listed on ..I contacted the http://www.island-scuba.com/p-M11339.html
I'd be interested in trying this stuff, but the company's charge for shipping a tube of it runs from $9.51 to $37.59, depending on how fast you want it. Seems a little steep for a $4.99 product.

I tried a local dive shop but they've never heard of the stuff. Has anyone found another, less expensive, source?

If its any consolation, you can get it at Hopkins-Carter for 4.29 plus 8.00 for shipping:

http://www.hopkins-carter.com/desc.php?num=159790

Vader

needingu

Post by needingu » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:20 am

I did not like the shipping price either but I thought with a leaky FF mask (for stuffy nose time only) which causes a lot of loss of sleep night after night it would be well worth the cost. I am sure it lasts a long time so we will see. Look what we give for one night of good sleep in a motel room...
I'm still looking for that perfect FF mask in petite..
We can all be angels to one another. ..., the little whisper that says,Go. Ask. Reach out. The world will be a better place for it. And wherever they are, the angels will dance."

OwlCreekObserver

Post by OwlCreekObserver » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:19 am

needingu wrote:I did not like the shipping price either but I thought with a leaky FF mask (for stuffy nose time only) which causes a lot of loss of sleep night after night it would be well worth the cost. I am sure it lasts a long time so we will see. Look what we give for one night of good sleep in a motel room...
I'm still looking for that perfect FF mask in petite..
Yeah, I decided to go ahead and order one. If it works, it will be well worth the investment. If it doesn't work...well, does the term "discarded mask drawer" sound familiar?

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:55 pm

We have a West Marine just a few minutes away. I went there and they didn't have any more mask sealer in stock, but ordered me some. It's due in next week. They said that it looks like it's going to be discontinued by the manufacturer. They are limited to selling what's left in the warehouse. $6.50 per tube.

Brenda

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:39 pm

If you live somewhere warm, keep it refrigerated/cool. Two out of two tubes I ordered came less than full, very greasy on the outside due to melt and leakage, and virtually disappeared before using once I had it home due to melting. It is very susceptible to heat. Wasn't worth it to me.
L o R i