Don't need to be in compliance

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mrcrayola

Re: Don't need to be in compliance

Post by mrcrayola » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:02 pm

"Airplane mode" meaning what? A setting for use in-flight? No idea. I'll have to check later.
Just an average joe on his way from here to there...

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:04 pm

Airplane mode shuts off the cell phone connection.

Cubbiebear

Post by Cubbiebear » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:11 pm

The Philips machine has a modem which I presume is for monitoring purposes, although I haven't talked with my sleep neurologist since he prescribed the titration (?) study (conveniently offered via his practice). However, Philips sets the modem default to 'on.' You can turn it off in the settings, but the machine switches it back on automatically after a few days. Very annoying!

Hopefully you can be done with them soon and find another place when need be. I keep mine on airplane mode although I don't believe anyone is tracking me..I just don't like the possibility of it. I get my supplies on Amazon.

Cubbiebear

Post by Cubbiebear » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:08 am
Cubbiebear wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:11 am
By playing with the ASV machine do you mean using it or tinkering with the mechanics of it?

I used it to treat my OSA...I have NOT had a problem with centrals.
It can be used to treat OSA but it's a real expensive way to treat OSA. Do to the way it responds differently to OAs it had some advantages that I just liked. You've heard the expression "more than one way to skin a cat"...well there's more than one way or one machine to treat OSA.

I don't ever tinker with anything mechanical anymore. I am really good at taking something apart but totally suck at putting it back together so I don't mess with anything mechanical. Last time I tried that I was going to put a new cartridge in my kitchen faucet...which should be simple to do. Ended up totally screwing it up and had to go buy another faucet and the one I trashed had cost me over $200. I learned my lesson with anything mechanical so unless it was trashed anyway I just don't tinker with machines.
I understand, good decision. LOL!

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:21 pm

mrcrayola wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:02 pm
"Airplane mode" meaning what? A setting for use in-flight? No idea. I'll have to check later.
"Airplane mode" in electronic devices means "turn off the radios" like on cell phones... so they don't 'interfere' with the airplanes avionics... (though that's a matter for debate).

Same thing on the cpap.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Bigtonguehypopnea

Post by Bigtonguehypopnea » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:33 pm

herefishy wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:01 pm
I divorced my sleep doc when the DME said I needed a letter from him to get a new mask, and he charged me $25 to write the letter.
:o :!:

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:46 pm

Bigtonguehypopnea wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:33 pm
herefishy wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:01 pm
I divorced my sleep doc when the DME said I needed a letter from him to get a new mask, and he charged me $25 to write the letter.
:o :!:
Gotta wonder if herefishy got the house in the divorce settlement! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Cubbiebear

Post by Cubbiebear » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:53 am

Janknitz wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:38 pm
I'm going to say ONE THING in defense of Crapria and LinDon'tCare (probably for the first time ever!) and that is that IF you have Medicare or a contracted insurance company they are correct that it may be illegal (Medicare) or a violation of their contracts with your insurer to sell a CPAP machine to you directly and bypass your insurance. This is to prevent these DME's from scalping people who don't know how their insurance works. But I'm not sure you'd want to buy through them anyway because their prices are ridiculous fantasies.

Its never illegal to by pass your insurance in lieu of cash. I found and bought from a place that doe not accept insurance or bother with it in any way. cpap.com. For me this was perfect after what I had been through.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:36 am

Cubbiebear wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:53 am
Janknitz wrote:
I'm going to say ONE THING in defense of Crapria and LinDon'tCare (probably for the first time ever!) and that is that IF you have Medicare or a contracted insurance company they are correct that it may be illegal (Medicare) or a violation of their contracts with your insurer to sell a CPAP machine to you directly and bypass your insurance. This is to prevent these DME's from scalping people who don't know how their insurance works. But I'm not sure you'd want to buy through them anyway because their prices are ridiculous fantasies.

Its never illegal to by pass your insurance in lieu of cash. I found and bought from a place that doe not accept insurance or bother with it in any way. cpap.com. For me this was perfect after what I had been through.
It is possible that in order to be "in network" for an insurance provider, the DME has contractually agreed not to sell devices directly to a covered customer. If I were an insurance provider, that is what I would require, to "stay in control".

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:29 pm

Cubbiebear wrote:
Janknitz wrote:

That's not what she said.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:23 pm

It's not illegal for YOU to pay cash in lieu of using your insurance but it is ILLEGAL for a certified Medicare provider to accept your direct payment instead of going through Medicare. That's called Medicare fraud if they sell to a Medicare recipient directly. Non-Medicare providers like most online sellers can do it, but Medicare providers cannot.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Cubbiebear

Post by Cubbiebear » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:45 pm

Janknitz wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:23 pm
It's not illegal for YOU to pay cash in lieu of using your insurance but it is ILLEGAL for a certified Medicare provider to accept your direct payment instead of going through Medicare. That's called Medicare fraud if they sell to a Medicare recipient directly. Non-Medicare providers like most online sellers can do it, but Medicare providers cannot.
Anyone can pay cash at cpap.com in lieu of insurance, even Medicare because they do not accept any insurance which was my point. Also in regards to Lincare and Apria..I am not a Medicare member, not old enough and I have private insurance. I had even called my insurance explaining what Apria (contracted with) and was told I can pay cash if I choose to. Its Apria and Lincare who did not want my cash.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Cubbiebear wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:45 pm
Janknitz wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:23 pm
Anyone can pay cash at cpap.com in lieu of insurance, even Medicare because they do not accept any insurance which was my point. Also in regards to Lincare and Apria..I am not a Medicare member, not old enough and I have private insurance. I had even called my insurance explaining what Apria (contracted with) and was told I can pay cash if I choose to. Its Apria and Lincare who did not want my cash.
You're just not getting what she's saying.

ozzyluvshockey21

Post by ozzyluvshockey21 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:23 pm

Cubbiebear wrote:
Janknitz wrote:

the subscribers of the insurance policy has to give consent and can withdraw consent to bill their insurance to any provider legally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ozzyluvshockey21

Post by ozzyluvshockey21 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:25 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Cubbiebear wrote:
Janknitz wrote:

It is possible that in order to be "in network" for an insurance provider, the DME has contractually agreed not to sell devices directly to a covered customer. If I were an insurance provider, that is what I would require, to "stay in control".
However, if the insured person revoked consent to use their insurance they are then a self pay customer, not insured. It is illegal to bill someone’s insurance without their consent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk