ASV pressure question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tuzacat

Re: ASV pressure question

Post by tuzacat » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Wow, thanks for all the information, JDS74! I will see if I can download the latest Encore tomorrow and hone in better. I did notice the regular breathing which read 14 but when I had flow limitations it said 12, the snores were 0 or 2. I thought it was rather odd when there was a cluster of snores it didn't say I had a flow limitation or some other event necessarily. I spoke to a friend who shared a room with me recently when we were traveling and asked her if she had heard me snoring and she said not even once.

I have been thinking perhaps the arousals have nothing to do with the sleep therapy. I am on blood pressure medicine. I hadn't really been monitoring my BP because it has been under control for some time. In the past week I started to monitor again because I was getting a little lightheaded when I got up from a chair and discovered some exceptionally low pressures. I read on line if your blood pressure goes too low when you sleep it could cause you to wake up. This is a strong possibility for the cause of the arousals so I cut my pill in half yesterday (which is where I started on BP meds) and will be monitoring and talking to my doctor when I have some data to give her.

The other thing is it is possible I'm waking up because I need a little protein before I sleep so my blood sugar doesn't go down. Last night night I tried that and although I woke up it wasn't constant.

I wasn't able to open any of your TIFs, JDS, I'm not sure why, but I will definitely follow your advice on the other stuff! I really appreciate your thoughtful responses! I have been diagnosed with various autoimmune diseases and it is really important for healing to be able to sleep!

JDS74

Re: ASV pressure question

Post by JDS74 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Yes, be careful of BP medications and correct dosages.
My (one) doctor prescribed some for me and I did a BP study by recording BP every hour while awake and whenever I woke up at night.
I had a few of 75/50 or so and decided to cut back on the dosage.
I use an Omron recording BP monitor that has a way to move the data to a desktop computer. It can hold up to about 200 measurements before overwriting the old data. I strap it on when I go to bed, punch the button when I wake up (normally about every 45-75 minutes at night) and take a reading. Synchronizing the clock in the BP monitor with the clock in the CPAP lets me get to within one minute of any wake event and from there to the wave data, event data, etc.

I've been struggling with this pattern of waking at night since 2004 with little to no result from seeing a variety of doctors for a diagnosis. So now its just a part of living.

Not sure what the issue is in displaying the graphics, they show up on my system embedded within the text of the post.
If you want better and larger samples, send me a PM with and eMail address and I'll send a few. ---- Don't post to the general board any address or email address you want to keep private.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.