What should I share from Sleepyhead?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DankShroud

Re: What should I share from Sleepyhead?

Post by DankShroud » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:50 pm

Last night I had an AHI of 2.49 with a pressure of 17-20. The majority of them were centrals. So I suppose I'll lower the pressure incrementally until they mostly disappear. I usually strap on a weighted backpack to keep me on my side, which tends to reduce the obstructives. Without the backpack I have equal numbers of obstructives and centrals. I'll try 16-20 tonight and see what happens. I have a consistent small leak that I'm wondering about - can leaks cause centrals? And what can I do to stop the leak? I've tried various masks and positions, but nothing seems to help.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:45 pm

a troll wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:33 pm
PR... you are pretty much one of the experts here. Do you have any suggestions for Dank?
There's not much more a person can do with a cpap at 20cm constant pressure.

If dank thinks that any lower pressure gives worse sleep, then the only thing that could be done (aside from finding out that lower pressures are actually ok) is to move to a machine that allows more pressure.

Whether that higher pressure will reduce the occasional obstructive that's showing up or not, and whether it will exacerbate the centrals that are showing up or not... that's anybody's guess.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:46 pm

DankShroud wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:50 pm
can leaks cause centrals?
No, all leaks can do, if they're big enough, is confuse the machine so it can't tell if an apnea is central or obstructive... in which case, resmeds will flag them as UA, unknown apnea.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

DankShroud

Post by DankShroud » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:48 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:45 pm
a troll wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:33 pm
PR... you are pretty much one of the experts here. Do you have any suggestions for Dank?
There's not much more a person can do with a cpap at 20cm constant pressure.

If dank thinks that any lower pressure gives worse sleep, then the only thing that could be done (aside from finding out that lower pressures are actually ok) is to move to a machine that allows more pressure.

Whether that higher pressure will reduce the occasional obstructive that's showing up or not, and whether it will exacerbate the centrals that are showing up or not... that's anybody's guess.
Sleepyhead showed that the high pressure was causing way too many centrals. I'll try to pllay the balancing game of lowering the pressure until centrals aren't a problem

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:55 pm

DankShroud wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:48 pm
Sleepyhead showed that the high pressure was causing way too many centrals. I'll try to pllay the balancing game of lowering the pressure until centrals aren't a problem
You may have better luck, now that you're getting more useful data.

DankShroud

Post by DankShroud » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:37 am

I finally did it. I ordered a cheap tongue restraining device, suctioned it to my tongue, and crammed the bulb under a full face mask. I wore a foam cervical collar and a weighted backpack and set my pressure to 16-20. I got this bitch down to 0.3 events per hour. My lips are numb, my tongue is on fire and my bite has shifted painfully, but I FINALLY fixed my sleep apnea. My sleep was still poor, probably because I had an ill fitting plastic vice lampreyed painfully to my tongue. I'm nonetheless very pleased with these numbers.

musculus

Post by musculus » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:54 am

DankShroud wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:37 am
I finally did it. I ordered a cheap tongue restraining device, suctioned it to my tongue, and crammed the bulb under a full face mask. I wore a foam cervical collar and a weighted backpack and set my pressure to 16-20. I got this bitch down to 0.3 events per hour. My lips are numb, my tongue is on fire and my bite has shifted painfully, but I FINALLY fixed my sleep apnea. My sleep was still poor, probably because I had an ill fitting plastic vice lampreyed painfully to my tongue. I'm nonetheless very pleased with these numbers.
if there is no improvement in sleep quality...

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:14 pm

musculus wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:54 am
DankShroud wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:37 am
if there is no improvement in sleep quality...
Agree, focus on sleep quality first, then work on the numbers

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)