neck pain

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nolongersleepless

neck pain

Post by nolongersleepless » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 pm

I switched from being a side-sleeper to a back-sleeper when I started using the cpap. It works great but I am having neck pain. I switched pillows (from very thick to super flat) and that helped some. I also sometimes sleep without a pillow which helps more but is not so comfortable. Any suggestions?

HoseCrusher

Re: neck pain

Post by HoseCrusher » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:24 pm

...a reclining bed...?

Mikebear

Re: neck pain

Post by Mikebear » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:32 pm

nolongersleepless wrote:I switched from being a side-sleeper to a back-sleeper when I started using the cpap. It works great but I am having neck pain. I switched pillows (from very thick to super flat) and that helped some. I also sometimes sleep without a pillow which helps more but is not so comfortable. Any suggestions?
Get a 4" high 'Soft Collar' from your local drugstore or Walmart, and wear it to bed when you are sleeping. They have them with notches that your chin can rest on. As a bonus, it'll help keep your mouth shut while using your cpap.