BEWARE spammer HJYXWZ

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lucyhere

Re: BEWARE spammer HJYXWZ

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Janknitz wrote:I'm open to trying something edible to help with sleep once it becomes legal in California January 1st. The trick will be finding a low carb edible.
I'm guessing a gummy bear wouldn't contain many carbs or sugar. What I'm wondering is if anyone knows exactly what's in the gummy bear. This stuff is so different from what it was years ago.

Pugsy... where did you get the idea that gummy bears would help with sleep?? Do you know what's in it?? This is all a learning curve for me.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:56 pm

Lucyhere wrote:Pugsy... where did you get the idea that gummy bears would help with sleep?? Do you know what's in it?? This is all a learning curve for me.
I went to a store in Las Vegas where a person can now by marijuana, in its various forms, legally for recreational use.
The gummy bears have marijuana in them...so did some beef jerky....and some lotion and seems like something else that we wouldn't normally think of as being a medium for the drug. I think some oil but not sure what you do with the oil. I am so drug inexperienced I guess. Led a sheltered life.
I heard about marijuana laced brownies but I had no idea that you could put that stuff in just about anything.

At any rate...my quest was to see if it would help with the sleep maintenance insomnia issues that I seem to have developed and I know it is unrelated to OSA or my therapy. It might be stress (what with my mom's problem and all) or it might be related to the old arthritis pain (which has improved with the SI joints but not totally eliminated and sometimes it still hurts enough to mess with sleep).

Originally began thinking about the marijuana for pain management before the SI injections then sort of put on hold after the SI injections until the sleep maintenance insomnia issues popped up. I need about 7 hours of decent sleep to feel decent and I have more nights now where I wake up wide awake after 4 hours and simply can't get back to sleep and it is kicking my ass. One night last week it was 3 hours and 35 minutes...geez.

So the gummy bear thing was once I realized that you can get marijuana in gummy bears.

I told them what I was wanting to do with the "drug" and they offered me all these various ways of taking it...besides smoking it and I was totally floored. Gummy bears was/is right up my alley...unfortunately not available where I live legally or even illegally I don't think...but I may investigate that little option just to see. I didn't particularly care for smoking it. I know someone who knows someone who knows someone...if you know what I mean...so there are of course ways of obtaining it but I don't know if I will have the selection available in a real store.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Janknitz wrote:I'm open to trying something edible to help with sleep once it becomes legal in California January 1st. The trick will be finding a low carb edible.
At medical mj dispensaries you can buy it in softgel form.

Hubs was given a medical mj letter from the doctor about a year ago and buys from a medical mj dispensary. It helps his sleep significantly.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:29 pm

kaiasgram wrote:
At medical mj dispensaries you can buy it in softgel form.

Hubs was given a medical mj letter from the doctor about a year ago and buys from a medical mj dispensary. It helps his sleep significantly.
What combination (what's in it) helps his sleep?? It's my understanding that knowing what you want to use it for is the first step. I'm not a kid and I'm not looking to get high, altho I realize that is one element. I would want something to help with sleep.

Anyone have any idea how to go about this?
Bleep/P10

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:41 pm

I hear from the locals about THC or CBD -- not sure if those letters are actually correct. It's the combination of those "herbs" that help with one thing or another. Many dispensaries just want to sell pot to kids who want to get high and don't really have any idea what helps us older folks. I'm concerned about trying just anything without having any idea what it does. Folks just walk in those places and buy anything, having no idea what its purpose is. I suppose that's fine if the whole idea is getting stoned... but at this point in my life I want something to help with sleep and occasional neck/back pain.
Bleep/P10

Woody

Post by Woody » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:02 pm

As I understand it marijuana has 2 types of compounds. First the THC which is responciable for the high.
But there are some minor compounds called cannabidols that may provide some of the health benifits of
medical marijuana without any of the high. Most CDB oil is made from a special strain of pot that has
a very low level of THC and from the parts of the plant with the lowest THC content so this oil ends up
almost with no THC .

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Thanks, Woody... that's helpful!
Bleep/P10

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:29 pm

The dispensaries here have been strict -- I couldn't go into them with my hubby because I did not have a medical clearance letter for myself. He said the people running the dispensary were quite helpful and made recommendations based on what you're using it for -- pain relief, sleep, etc. I can honestly say that I observe no difference in his demeanor or behavior when he takes the mj -- meaning, it certainly doesn't seem to get him high. It just seems to help him sleep, and less likely to wake up from neuropathy pain.

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:13 am

I am jealous of you folks who can get MJ without having to use contacts. But it is what it is.

Anyway, I am looking into it for sleep. Yes, I know since I am on Temazepam and tapering off of it, I have to be very careful. But right now, no matter what, I feel like I have never slept so obviously, I am anxious to see if this helps or not.

49er