Padacheek with facial stubble

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
compujas

Padacheek with facial stubble

Post by compujas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:31 am

I'm looking at getting a mask liner from padacheek but I'm wondering how they hold up with facial stubble. I shave in the morning, and usually with an electric so it's not that close of a shave, so by night there's a fair amount of stubble. My stubble tends to rough up polo shirt collars and soft jacket collars so I'm wondering how the mask liners will hold up. Anyone have any experience with this? They're a little pricey so I'd rather not have to replace them every month because they get destroyed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CapnLoki

Re: Padacheek with facial stubble

Post by CapnLoki » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:26 am

I use pad-a-cheeks all the time. For the first two years I had a stubble beard - about 3-10 days length and it work fine. Now its about half an inch and it still works. They can be washed and reused so they don't cost that much.

Additional Comments: Pressure 9-20, average ~9.5; often use battery power while off-grid
Hark, how hard he fetches breath . . .  Act II, Scene IV, King Henry IV Part I, William Shakespeare
Choosing a Battery thread: http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1140 ... ttery.html

Hexfly

Post by Hexfly » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:35 am

I actually have been able to grow my beard out using the new Resmed airtouch F20 and no leaks. But I needed to add pad-a-cheeks to the sides and back of neck for comfort and so it didnt leave marks on my face.

But yes! The pad-a-cheek works great with facial hair.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:49 am

My husband has a short beard and uses a mask liner from Pad a Cheek. The liner helps a lot with his leaks and hasn't worn out. I think he's had the liner a couple of years.

rogerconnelly

Post by rogerconnelly » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:04 pm

+1

Padacheek pads and straps are awesome and work great with stubble and beards and I don't think facial hair affects the cloth they are made of at all - my padacheek products (used always with at least stubble) have lasted years

- Roger

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:19 pm

compujas wrote:I'm looking at getting a mask liner from padacheek but I'm wondering how they hold up with facial stubble. I shave in the morning, and usually with an electric so it's not that close of a shave, so by night there's a fair amount of stubble. My stubble tends to rough up polo shirt collars and soft jacket collars so I'm wondering how the mask liners will hold up. Anyone have any experience with this? They're a little pricey so I'd rather not have to replace them every month because they get destroyed.

I'd advise calling an talking to Karen at PAC... she'll tell you the honest truth about customers experience with her products, she's one of the rare business people (these days) that cares more about helping people than making a quick buck.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:36 pm

palerider wrote:
compujas wrote:I'm looking at getting a mask liner from padacheek but I'm wondering how they hold up with facial stubble. I shave in the morning, and usually with an electric so it's not that close of a shave, so by night there's a fair amount of stubble. My stubble tends to rough up polo shirt collars and soft jacket collars so I'm wondering how the mask liners will hold up. Anyone have any experience with this? They're a little pricey so I'd rather not have to replace them every month because they get destroyed.

I'd advise calling an talking to Karen at PAC... she'll tell you the honest truth about customers experience with her products, she's one of the rare business people (these days) that cares more about helping people than making a quick buck.
Yep, Karen is fantastic! My experience with her has always been wonderful.

compujas

Post by compujas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Thanks for the info everyone. I think I'll give it a try and see what happens. I'm probably going to need the mask liner and cheek/neck covers, and maybe the stabilizer. So $60 worth of fabric that I didn't want to end up ruining with the annoying razor sharp stubble. I swear, if my shirt collars aren't the right material, they end up getting pilled and nearly shredded from rubbing against my face, didn't want that to end up happening after many nights of 7+ hours at a time.