xxyzx and Morbius Spam Buttons Removed

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Re: xxyzx and Morbius Spam Buttons Removed

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:45 pm

palerider wrote:When 'guest' posts, nobody knows if the answer is good, or some nastyness
That is totally wrong and I will tell you why which is something you never do. You want people to believe that after someone registers they become infused with wisdom and experience and everything they say is true. You and xxyzx both prove that to be wrong and a totally bizarre logic.
And you are the king of nastiness and likely aka xxyzx using proxy connections like Cranky Granny does. It's all the regular whiners that make people not like this place.

I wouldn't doubt that you played a role in that spam attack in an effort to get Johnny to
appoint moderators.
palerider wrote: Oh yeah, it's an ongoing battle: en. wikipedia. org/wiki/CAPTCHA
And while you are spewing your bs do tell why JediMark kicked you off the SleepyHead Project Team. Was it for being such a nice guy? NO!! Not after he openly defended you on here and then you shafted him, how nice.

Have a pleasant evening.

You and x-man have the very same attitude. Everyone knows you lost your spam button yrs ago, so how many IDs have you created since so you can delete things you don't like?

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:12 pm

LSAT wrote:[

I thought so too.....Here's a recent post from an unhappy poster. You can't win them all.....

Wow some trolls never stop they can have control of this site it is poisioned with cancer and leprosy of very angry controlling people!

Too bad there is a lack of Moderater's to care and respond to this kind of garbage!

that sounds like "Alphabet"
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Guest wrote:
palerider wrote:When 'guest' posts, nobody knows if the answer is good, or some nastyness
That is totally wrong and I will tell you why which is something you never do. You want people to believe that after someone registers they become infused with wisdom and experience and everything they say is true. You and xxyzx both prove that to be wrong and a totally bizarre logic.
And you are the king of nastiness and likely aka xxyzx using proxy connections like Cranky Granny does. It's all the regular whiners that make people not like this place.

I wouldn't doubt that you played a role in that spam attack in an effort to get Johnny to
appoint moderators.
I think your ideas say far more about YOU, and how YOU think than anything at all about me.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08 pm

If the owners refuse to moderate, at least stop allowing posts by unregistered people. At least you can block (foe) people when they're registered, which I did a while back for alphabet boy/girl/whatever. And now that I've become accustomed to it, I don't even notice that little note in the thread that says "so-and-so as posted, but you have blocked them" or however it's worded. Sure, you see them if quoted, but if we all stopped responding to them, they wouldn't show up that way either. There's no way to bock posts by unregistered people, and there are certainly plenty of those around here now causing a ruckus and I would foe/block them if I could.

I've been on this forum over 10 years and, like someone else mentioned, there have been many trouble-makers that have come and gone. But It's never been this bad to my recollection, and I never felt the need to foe someone before.

But there are also wonderfully helpful folks on here as well, more helpful than any doctor I've ever been to!

I would like a lightly moderated forum, but it is what it is, unfortunately.

Last edited by WearyOne on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

unregistered user

Post by unregistered user » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:31 pm

WearyOne wrote:at least stop allowing posts by unregistered people
Not hard to spot yet another alter ID is it. Maybe they should stop that so the trouble will stop. Lsat was right about you people.
WearyOne wrote:I've been on this forum over 10 years
Why still here if you don't like the rules? Someone should cater to your needs? For why?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:58 pm

unregistered user wrote:
WearyOne wrote:at least stop allowing posts by unregistered people
Not hard to spot yet another alter ID is it. Maybe they should stop that so the trouble will stop. Lsat was right about you people.
WearyOne wrote:I've been on this forum over 10 years
Why still here if you don't like the rules? Someone should cater to your needs? For why?
Well now this is the 4th ID you have used on this particular post...are you confused or just devious? Come now.. Come out of the garden and reveal yourself.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:32 am

If I got my spam button removed, I'd be embarrassed!

Sheriff

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:34 am

LSAT wrote:Well now this is the 4th ID you have used on this particular post...are you confused or just devious? Come now.. Come out of the garden and reveal yourself.
So how does it feel? Or should we all use a proxy server to make you think there are more?

Guest777

Post by Guest777 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:40 am

Guest wrote:Omg...i put my stuff in the so clean beforevablong weekend vacation but forgot to take the seal off the humidifier tank cover adapter...i was so angry when i got to my hotel but i was able to make a crappy makeshift seal. It made that in and out sound.
so you use a so clean ... not as smart is you seem to be .

GuestNo2

Post by GuestNo2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:48 am

I think everyone should post as "Guest" for every post.
Do you think that will get the attention of the owners of the board?

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:18 am

johnnygoodman wrote:Howdy,

xxyzx and Morbius no longer have spam button privileges on CPAPtalk.

Ideas should be worked out in thread, not through the spam button. The spam button is for things that are clearly commercial spam.

The mission of this forum is to help people with CPAP issues - peer to peer. The means we use to accomplish this is honoring the ideas of libertarianism and low censorship. These ideas are not proving to be self correcting. The level of discourse has more and more frequently degenerated into personal attacks. Quit it. Use respectful ideas to win. I'll sooner change the forums precepts than do harm to new CPAP users. We're nearing that point. Please change course or risk being the first act of a more involved CPAPtalk moderation team.

Johnny

Way past due! Now to really help avoid harm to new CPAP users, BAN xxyzx!

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:27 am

Madalot wrote:
Madalot wrote:Here's the thing - and I feel like we're beating a dead horse at this point (no offense to horse people please).

We're beating our heads against the wall, trying to reason with him. It's obvious that he's got something going on and he's either 1) behaving this way on purpose to be an internet troll (he's damned good too); or 2) he truly has a mental health issue that none of us can do anything about.

Since Johnny has made it clear his position on this, we're left with only two reasonable options (as individuals):

1. Leave the forum. Call it quits. Give up, pack up our toys and go home.
2. Ignore him and hope that once he stops getting attention, he goes away.

The only way for #2 to be effective is if EVERYONE that posts here agrees and stops responding TO him. Correct his errors related to CPAP equipment, therapy, etc, but do not engage HIM in any way. He shoots back with his insults, name calling and rants - ignore it.

I personally vote for #2 but realize unless everyone else here is on board, it won't work.
Who's with me on this?
Sounds like worth a try.

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:37 am

...Morbius no longer have spam button privileges on CPAPtalk...
Say what!?

You mean I no longer have the privilege of doing your job!? For free, no less?

I think you been smokin' too much Loco Weed again there, Tex...

Guest12

Post by Guest12 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:11 am

Morbius wrote:

...Morbius no longer have spam button privileges on CPAPtalk...
Say what!?

You mean I no longer have the privilege of doing your job!? For free, no less?

I think you been smokin' too much Loco Weed again there, Tex...

+1000

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:42 am

jsielke wrote:
Madalot wrote:
Madalot wrote:Here's the thing - and I feel like we're beating a dead horse at this point (no offense to horse people please).

We're beating our heads against the wall, trying to reason with him. It's obvious that he's got something going on and he's either 1) behaving this way on purpose to be an internet troll (he's damned good too); or 2) he truly has a mental health issue that none of us can do anything about.

Since Johnny has made it clear his position on this, we're left with only two reasonable options (as individuals):

1. Leave the forum. Call it quits. Give up, pack up our toys and go home.
2. Ignore him and hope that once he stops getting attention, he goes away.

The only way for #2 to be effective is if EVERYONE that posts here agrees and stops responding TO him. Correct his errors related to CPAP equipment, therapy, etc, but do not engage HIM in any way. He shoots back with his insults, name calling and rants - ignore it.

I personally vote for #2 but realize unless everyone else here is on board, it won't work.
Who's with me on this?
Sounds like worth a try.
Most definitely. I stopped ignoring him a while back...and more recently some others that are posting as non-registered. But then again, I'm usually not his target so it's a bit easier. (Although that could change in a heartbeat.)