ResMed AirMini Specs & Update

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
FootitMedical

ResMed AirMini Specs & Update

Post by FootitMedical » Wed May 03, 2017 7:28 am

Specs:
AirMini™ is the world's smallest CPAP at just 0.66 pounds (300 grams) and 5.4 x 3.3 x 2.0 inches. It comes with the same therapy modes as ResMed AirSense™ 10 bedside devices (CPAP, AutoSet™ and AutoSet™ for Her) and offers many of the same popular features including AutoRamp™, Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR) and SmartStart™. And while it isn't required to operate the AirMini™, the AirMini™ app provides convenient control of your machine. Download it to your smart device for access to a range of adjustable comfort settings and your nightly score that tells you how well you slept. It will feature a disposable waterless humidifier for AirMini™ CPAP machine designed for standard environments. Must be replaced within 30 days of opening. Shipment will go out 5/31.

Cardsfan

Re: ResMed AirMini Specs & Update

Post by Cardsfan » Wed May 03, 2017 7:37 am

I am very interested, but, need to know:
1. Does it have a small, compatible battery pack? When will the battery be available?
2. Is it compatible with any mask?
3. Does it report AHI and the type of events recorded?
4. What does the power brick look like? How big is it? How heavy?
5. What keeps the machine in place on the nightstand, so it doesn't get pulled off accidentally?
6. Cost of machine and battery?
7. Will the humidifier work with any mask, (if any mask can be used)?
8. Is there an SD card I can use to view my data from the machine?

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Wed May 03, 2017 9:05 am

Cardsfan,

I have the same questions about the AirMini that you do and especially my concerns about the ability to use other masks with the unit or are users locked into using the ResMed masks that they list. An additional concern is noise levels, I own and use both a transcend, and a Z1 and the noise is a huge draw back especially with the Z1.

I notice you are worried about pulling the machine off the bedside table -- I have found this to be a great solution: I got small Velcro straps with alligator clips from our host online store (CPAP.com) - wrap the Velcro straps around the hose and clip the alligator clips to the sheet and you are free to toss and turn as much as you want and you won't disturb the machine.......

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Wed May 03, 2017 9:26 am

Thanks for the tip. I had first thought duct tape the hose to the nightstand. Your fix is better.

SleepDaddy

Post by SleepDaddy » Wed May 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Here is a link to the Airmini users guide. Should answer some of your questions.

http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resme ... er_eng.pdf

social

Post by social » Wed May 03, 2017 6:42 pm

There is a ResMed securing system for the AirMini. Search Google for, AirMini™ Mount System Support.

levman

Post by levman » Wed May 03, 2017 8:51 pm

I'd like to know how the noise level compares to the Z1 (which I've never personally experienced but plenty have reported on) and Transcend (which I own and sounds like Darth Vader breathing). I'd love to replace my Transcend, particularly because it's the older one without exhalation relief, but only with a quieter, more comfortable device.