Full face masks, from a viewpoint of an engineering student

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Full face masks, from a viewpoint of an engineering student

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:14 pm

McSleepy wrote:And I have - everything is backed up by a solid explanation. For those who are capable of understanding it. I'm not going to take extra time to go down to middle-school level science, I have better things to do than hang on message boards all day.
McSleepy
you've backed up nothing.

you've tossed out offhand theories about what *may* be happening, but you've got on proof, not even any evidence of what actually happens.

it's easy to throw out theories, and you've proved that it's much harder to back them up.

what is clear is that your understanding of the practical aspects of cpap therapy is lacking.

as to hanging out, you've been more than willing to repeatedly restate nothing, which in itself is telling.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:18 pm

Are you sure you aren't the same folks, that meant in Paris, and wasted all that time argueing about the shape of the table, while i was in Viet Nam? Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

McSleepy

Post by McSleepy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Goofproof wrote:Are you sure you aren't the same folks, that meant in Paris, and wasted all that time argueing about the shape of the table, while i was in Viet Nam? Jim
No, he is one, but I'm not the other. As evidenced by all of his other activity - never backing up any of his statements, made in countless other threads, but constantly asking others to do it when they don't happen to agree with his limited understanding of the world. One can have some fun nice in awhile.
McSleepy

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto; Puritan-Bennett Breeze nasal pillow mask; healthy, active, middle-aged man; tall, athletic build; stomach sleeper; on CPAP since 2003; lives @ 5000 ft; surgically-corrected deviated septum and turbinates; regular nasal washes

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:54 pm

McSleepy wrote:As evidenced by all of his other activity - never backing up any of his statements, made in countless other threads, but constantly asking others to do it when they don't happen to agree with his limited understanding of the world. One can have some fun nice in awhile.
McSleepy
you don't get it, do you?

YOU make the half ass assertion based on some likely dimly understood, though valid (if unrelated) principles, it's your responsibility to back up your assertion.

which everyone can see you've failed to do.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

McSleepy

Post by McSleepy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:20 pm

palerider wrote:
McSleepy wrote:As evidenced by all of his other activity - never backing up any of his statements, made in countless other threads, but constantly asking others to do it when they don't happen to agree with his limited understanding of the world. One can have some fun nice in awhile.
McSleepy
you don't get it, do you?

YOU make the half ass assertion based on some likely dimly understood, though valid (if unrelated) principles, it's your responsibility to back up your assertion.

which everyone can see you've failed to do.
It seems like you do get it, which is exactly why you are skirting the issue - not in this thread, take any other, you never back to such extent any of the multitude of statements you make; nowhere near as much as I have backed mine here, yet your only argument is "go prove it in excruciating detail". I don't have time to go down to middle-school science and write dissertations - no one is going to do that - just because you asked. That is pure destructive behavior. As for what everyone sees - I think many people understood my point, but you - didn't.
McSleepy

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto; Puritan-Bennett Breeze nasal pillow mask; healthy, active, middle-aged man; tall, athletic build; stomach sleeper; on CPAP since 2003; lives @ 5000 ft; surgically-corrected deviated septum and turbinates; regular nasal washes

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:25 pm

McSleepy wrote:It seems like you do get it, which is exactly why you are skirting the issue - not in this thread, take any other, you never back to such extent any of the multitude of statements you make;
I'm quite happy to provide reference, for example, the other day when I alleged that the climateline max larger heated hose for resmeds was introduced for bilevel users at higher pressures, and Pugsy called me on it, so I did a bit of digging and provided the humidifier accessory page from resmed where it says just that,

that's how it works, I made an allegation, someone doubted it, and I did not do like you've done here and simply repeat myself over and over, I provided substantiating evidence. you have not.
McSleepy wrote:yet your only argument is "go prove it in excruciating detail".
no, my "argument" is that I don't believe that your theory holds water, I don't believe that the principles you've tossed around would have a meaningful effect on therapy.... and you've done nothing to show that they would. a simple calculation to support your hypothesis is not "excruciating detail".
McSleepy wrote:I don't have time to go down to middle-school science and write dissertations - no one is going to do that - just because you asked. That is pure destructive behavior.
no, that's *science* you propose a hypothesis and then you provide evidence to back it up. unless you're just too lazy, or you *can't* back it up.

ckeith

Post by ckeith » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:18 am

Re the Pilerider'
tl424 wrote: No need to be an asshole, I'm asking a fairly innocent question, not hurting anybody..
WRONG
This FOOL
- Pilerider - has every need to be an Asshole! - It is after all, WHAT he is ! - a total waste of human flesh
He is either unaware or cares not, as to any damage that might be done with his Ignorant & Arrogant insults
He simply likes to strut about laying his smarmy Piles on the street of public discourse - playing the BigShot

eg
palerider wrote: ...I don't know about YOUR head, but mine isn't filled with air,.....
WOW - IS HE EVER WRONG ON THAT SCORE !
His head is not only full of air, of a decidedly warmer temperature, but his mouth is full of
something else, that will probably get me censored & deleted if I mention exactly what it is

It would be nice if some of these throwbacks became aware of the fact that people come to this
.......................................forum for Help & Advice - And not to be Insulted & Abused

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:12 am