Should Trump Jump Up?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Should Trump Drop Out

Yes
37%
No
56%
What is Trump?
6%

Total votes: 158

Uncle_Bob

Re: Should Trump Drop Out

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:57 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:There are some dense people who like to post here.
That's a bit harsh Granny. Didn't do well at Bunco last night?

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:16 pm

GOOD NEWS: You heard it here first, I saw the video. Billy Bush just killed the Trump with a 'hot' microphone. <gleefully laughing at all the Trump supporters>

Politically, Trump is now dead. I don't have to post the link cuz it will be worldwide in one hour.

BAD NEWS: Some conspiracy buffs are saying that the GOP found and released the video because Pense in straw polls would beat Hillary by five points nationwide.

Oh well, here's the clip since so many PM'd me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7PM9kwFwnc

Note: Watch the way Trump's chin drops and his face freezes in shock when Billy Bush at the end of the shocking interview reminds Trump to give back his lapel mic... priceless.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:GOOD NEWS: You heard it here first, I saw the video. Billy Bush just killed the Trump with a 'hot' microphone. <gleefully laughing at all the Trump supporters>

Politically, Trump is now dead. I don't have to post the link cuz it will be worldwide in one hour.

BAD NEWS: Some conspiracy buffs are saying that the GOP found and released the video because Pense in straw polls would beat Hillary by five points nationwide.

Oh well, here's the clip since so many PM'd me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7PM9kwFwnc

Note: Watch the way Trump's chin drops and his face freezes in shock when Billy Bush at the end of the shocking interview reminds Trump to give back his lapel mic... priceless.

Saw it just before I logged in. YES YES YES YES YES! Forget all the other things he's been called, he's a PIG

Pence -- of course, he's getting ready for 2020. Why do you think he wouldn't defend Trump during the debate with Kaine.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:24 pm

Taking the long view... what if trump drops out And he will Saturday (tomorrow). Does Pense become the presidental nominee?

Ha, ha, if only it were that simple!!!

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la ... story.html

or dies (same thing). Pretty rare dying or otherwise... and there is no real precedent:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... n_day.html

It's all about the 12th amendment, which is a buttload of crazy stuff. Look it up.

And for your further nightmare pleasure:

What Happens If No Presidential Candidate Wins 270 Electoral Votes?

A failure of any candidate to reach the 270 votes needed to become president triggers a bizarre process to select the nation's leader.
By Jake Godin | August 9, 2016
There are a lot of ways for a presidential candidate to get the 270 electoral votes they need to win. But there are also a few scenarios that could leave no one with that many votes. So, what happens then?
But simply, the House of Representatives would get to decide who'll sit in the Oval Office. But there's a catch: Each state gets only one vote. Since there are multiple representatives per state, the state would go with the candidate who gets the majority of votes.
The vice president would be chosen by the Senate. So if a Republican-controlled House picks a GOP president, it's possible a Democratic-controlled Senate could pick a Democratic VP. Slightly awkward. Also awkward is the House's every-state-gets-one-vote method. It means a state like Alaska with around 740,000 people has as much say in the election as, say, a state like California, with more than 50 times Alaska's population.
Then there's still the possibility of more ties. With 50 states up for grabs and 100 Senators, both the House and Senate could tie.
If that's the case, the Senate president (Joe Biden) would pick the new VP. That person would then become acting president until the House could decide on someone.
So, how likely is a tie? Well, the last one came 216 years ago in 1800, so it's been a while. There was another one in 1824, but that wasn't a tie between two candidates. Instead, none of the the four candidates running managed to grab the majority, so the decision went to the House. But then again, this is an unusual election cycle.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:44 pm

And if you aren't sick to your stomach yet - a good summary:

Could Trump drop out?

Joshua Spivak 5:47 p.m. EDT August 9, 2016

GOP leaders should have thought this through before now.
Donald Trump’s post-convention meltdown has cost him in the polls and led some high-profile Republicans to disavow his campaign. Already, there is pie-in-the-sky talk among Republicans that Trump will drop out of the race. While this may seem unlikely — the 2016 presidential race has already seen more than its share of unlikely events and historic firsts — it highlights a serious problem for our political system. The political parties' plans for what to do in a worst case scenario, in which they need to replace a candidate, might cause them great trouble in November.
Replacing a candidate is not an unheard of scenario. No candidate has ever dropped out before the popular vote takes place, but in 1872 Horace Greeley died at the end of November — well before the Electoral College cast its ballot. Candidates for president or other offices — from Paul Wellstone to Robert Kennedy — have died or were assassinated during their run for office. George Wallace was shot in 1972 while making a strong bid for the Democratic nomination. Teddy Roosevelt was wounded during his unsuccessful run in 1912. It has also happened repeatedly in other countries, including in Mexico in 1994. Today, terrorists are always looking for a big moment.
And twice, we have had to replace vice presidential candidates. President Taft’s vice president, James Sherman, died before the vote in 1912. As Taft finished third in November, there was no great focus on his replacement. George McGovern's running mate selection, Thomas Eagleton, resigned post-convention after revelations that he had undergone electroshock therapy for depression. In that instance, the Democratic National Committee held an emergency meeting and ratified Sargent Shriver. But a VP is not the same position as a president. The DNC acted as a rubber stamp for the presidential nominee traditionally empowered to choose his running mate.
If the party actually had to select a new presidential nominee, we would likely see a chaotic scramble for a replacement and a tanked presidential race that could damage the party down ballot.
Based on votes and national convention delegates, it may seem that there is a clear second choice candidate in each party: Bernie Sanders for the Democrats and Ted Cruz for the Republicans. But the primary runner-up frequently gets the most votes by an obstinate refusal to drop out — we saw this in 2008 and 2012 on the Republican side. Often, the result is bad blood between supporters of the winner in each party and supporters of each runner-up. That's certainly the case this year.
Now that the conventions are over, if Trump were to drop out the Republican Party’s national committee would presumably be making the choice. The committee's dozens of members are not familiar to most Americans, and party insiders are not a particularly popular group these days. The fact that they are the ones making the choice might make it less chaotic but no less controversial, particularly if they choose a replacement who was not among the top vote-getters in the primary.
The parties would also run into legal issues of replacing the candidate on the ballot. Each state has its own ballot replacement laws, and after a certain period, a change cannot be made.
Even worse is a situation in which there is a replacement needed between the popular vote in November and the Electoral College ballots being cast and then counted in January. It’s not clear that a replacement can be named, which may result in the election being thrown to the House of Representatives.
If Trump or even Clinton would somehow drop out of the race, their party would be faced with a historic mess. While it’s not clear what party leaders can do to prevent it, they probably should have spent some more time thinking about before now.
Joshua Spivak is a senior fellow at the Hugh L. Carey Institute for Government Reform at Wagner College. He writes the Recall Elections Blog.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:06 pm

HiLIARy is FAR more repulsive and a true threat to America. She is a traitor who has sold her soul and America to the highest foreign bidder!

We have to vote for TRUMP over the cancerous ,vile, evil, witch!

GO TRUMP!!!

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:19 pm

Guest wrote:HiLIARy is FAR more repulsive and a true threat to America. She is a traitor who has sold her soul and America to the highest foreign bidder!

We have to vote for TRUMP over the cancerous ,vile, evil, witch!

As Trump would say... WRONG,WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:55 pm

I gotta run out and get some tee shirts printed with "Grab My Pu$$y, Donald !" His horde of zombie followers will buy em up like hotcakes, they'll be the greatest best shirts ever, I have no doubt, that I can tell you, believe me ! Huuuuge potential.

Sylvia54

Post by Sylvia54 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:00 am

Gasper62 wrote:I gotta run out and get some tee shirts printed with "Grab My Pu$$y, Donald !" His horde of zombie followers will buy em up like hotcakes, they'll be the greatest best shirts ever, I have no doubt, that I can tell you, believe me ! Huuuuge potential.
And Gasper, you're the holier than thou angel who attends church to repent of your (many) sins every Sunday morning? Hmmmm? I worked in a Naval Shipyard at one time and what Trump says here is nothing compared to what I heard from the mouths of "yard bird" technicians and shop workers. And that was back in the 1970's.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:06 am

Sylvia - why don't you go ahead and nominate a shipyard worker for President then?

satansoft

Post by satansoft » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:09 am

nanwilson wrote:"Should Trump Drop Out" ... you gotta be kidding, Trump would NEVER admit he has done something wrong or ADMIT DEFEAT!!! His ego would never allow it
Good luck to all the American voters, I don't envy you one bit.... We have out own idiot supposedly leading our country, all he ever does is take selfies of himself and give out cash to those that he is trying to impress.
Nan
He has today apologised for his words, call them blokey, or mysoginistic, whichever you prefer. I'm a Brit and we trust Hillary less than Trump... He's a bit of a chauvinist, but she is a nightmare, volunteering to defend a rapist and then ridiculing his victim in court to get him aquitted, then laughing in an interview at him beating a polygraph when she knew he was guilty. If you think about it, which one has committed the bigger crimes against women. I watched the first debate, and can't believe that Trump didn't make more of Hilary trying to out Obama as non-American when she was running against him for the Democrat nomination.

I think American politics needs a shake up like only a Trump victory would provide.

Sylvia54

Post by Sylvia54 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:20 am

Julie wrote:Sylvia - why don't you go ahead and nominate a shipyard worker for President then?

Since you don't get it Julie, I'm just saying that private conversations such as this between Trump and other men is not at all out of the ordinary in this country.
And many of our women are no better when it comes to using vulgar language with disrespect for others. So judge not, as you will also be judged.

As a Canadian, your vote does not count here just as my vote does not count in Canada.
The last thing I want is Bill Clinton and his wife in our White House again. Ever.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:58 am

Sylvia54 wrote:
Gasper62 wrote:I gotta run out and get some tee shirts printed with "Grab My Pu$$y, Donald !" His horde of zombie followers will buy em up like hotcakes, they'll be the greatest best shirts ever, I have no doubt, that I can tell you, believe me ! Huuuuge potential.
And Gasper, you're the holier than thou angel who attends church to repent of your (many) sins every Sunday morning? Hmmmm? I worked in a Naval Shipyard at one time and what Trump says here is nothing compared to what I heard from the mouths of "yard bird" technicians and shop workers. And that was back in the 1970's.
Yeah. So ? Just how many of those crusty stevedores presumed to present themselves as Presidential material ....and ......were stupid enough to allow themselves to be recorded sayin' such things, hmmm ? Trump's always boasting about how sharp he is. Therein lies the huuuuge difference. (IMO) No Church for me, thank you very much !

satansoft

Post by satansoft » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:19 am

Sylvia54 wrote:Since you don't get it Julie, I'm just saying that private conversations such as this between Trump and other men is not at all out of the ordinary in this country.
And many of our women are no better when it comes to using vulgar language with disrespect for others. So judge not, as you will also be judged.

As a Canadian, your vote does not count here just as my vote does not count in Canada.
The last thing I want is Bill Clinton and his wife in our White House again. Ever.
I agree that a lot of private conversations between men contain a certain amount of bravado...

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:22 am

Julie wrote:Sylvia - why don't you go ahead and nominate a shipyard worker for President then?
I think we are getting close to the problem, our leaders for the most part aren't like us, they don't hold jobs that produce anything, they don't work with their hands, to provide for their families, they don't worry about the wolf at the door.

We count on them to have the answers to our problems, in reality they are the problem. Your so called Shipyard Worker most likely wouldn't want to be President, all he wants is a fair chance to provide for himself and his family. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire