Replacement for Swift FX

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Quickstrike

Replacement for Swift FX

Post by Quickstrike » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:25 am

Nasal pillow with a better diffuser? I have a large head so I doubt the P10 will work. I've tried the Aloha and didn't like the hard frame when laying on my side.

Pugsy

Re: Replacement for Swift FX

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:38 am

You might look at the Pilairo Q . It has a little diffuser which is added to the venting system.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fp-pil ... -mask.html

Also...don't totally rule out the AirFit P10...the headgear stretches quite a bit and you might be surprised.
The stretchiness is probably one of the main complaint from a lot of people...it gets too loose.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Quickstrike

Post by Quickstrike » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:51 am

Pugsy wrote:You might look at the Pilairo Q . It has a little diffuser which is added to the venting system.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fp-pil ... -mask.html

Also...don't totally rule out the AirFit P10...the headgear stretches quite a bit and you might be surprised.
The stretchiness is probably one of the main complaint from a lot of people...it gets too loose.
The Swift FX has been great and lasted me quite awhile but the cold air is starting to bother my wife and I. The complaints about the P10 headgear concern me...I'll check out the Pilaro Q. How is the Tap Pap?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:02 am

I switched from the Swift FX to the Tap Pap and used it successfully for about a year and then the P10 was released and I tried it and never bothered with the Tap Pap again.
The venting on the P10 was a big factor in my decision. It's essentially non existent...I have to put my hand right on top of the vent holes to feel the air being vented and even then I barely feel it.

I have never used the Pilairo Q...I did try the original Pilairo before they added that little diffuser and it was okay but I didn't like the overall larger footprint of the nasal pillow on the Pilairo.
The Tap Pap is going to diffuse the air very similarly to the Swift FX.

The P10 headgear...it can be modified to add more elastic if needed....also I figured out a way to use the Swift FX headgear with the P10 and do away with the elastic headgear. Took a bit of fiddling but I got it done.
If you want to try it or more information on how I got it done just let me know.
I was able to attach the P10 frame to the Swift FX headgear successfully that a person could use the adjustability of the Swift FX headgear and have the P10 pillows and venting. Once I figured it out...I realize it was really pretty simple to do.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Quickstrike

Post by Quickstrike » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:24 am

Pugsy wrote:I switched from the Swift FX to the Tap Pap and used it successfully for about a year and then the P10 was released and I tried it and never bothered with the Tap Pap again.
The venting on the P10 was a big factor in my decision. It's essentially non existent...I have to put my hand right on top of the vent holes to feel the air being vented and even then I barely feel it.

I have never used the Pilairo Q...I did try the original Pilairo before they added that little diffuser and it was okay but I didn't like the overall larger footprint of the nasal pillow on the Pilairo.
The Tap Pap is going to diffuse the air very similarly to the Swift FX.

The P10 headgear...it can be modified to add more elastic if needed....also I figured out a way to use the Swift FX headgear with the P10 and do away with the elastic headgear. Took a bit of fiddling but I got it done.
If you want to try it or more information on how I got it done just let me know.
I was able to attach the P10 frame to the Swift FX headgear successfully that a person could use the adjustability of the Swift FX headgear and have the P10 pillows and venting. Once I figured it out...I realize it was really pretty simple to do.
That would be great using the Swift FX headgear. The durability of the elastic on the P10 concerns me but I'm leaning towards ordering one anyways. I tried a handful of masks and the Swift FX is the only one I've used successfully. Thank you for all your help once again!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:40 am

Here's a thread where I talked about the the modification I did to the P10 to use it with the Swift FX headgear
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105687&p=1007543&hi ... X#p1007543
Link will take you to page 2 but you may want to back up and read page 1 also to get the whole story

and this thread has images of my results
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95164&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... &start=195

just scroll down a bit.

Ultimately one would probably want to cut off part of the little arms on the P10 but I never went that far myself since I wasn't going to use the P10 with the Swift headgear permanently that way. But it was fairly comfortable in my trial and with the side strap covers I couldn't feel anything any different than what I felt with the Swift FX in terms of the side things.

russmac

Post by russmac » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:12 pm

I went from the Swift FX to the P10 and have no regrets at all. I worried about my head being too big since I rarely find a hat that fits. I worried about the flimsy headgear not holding the mask in place. My concerns were unfounded. The fit is actually very comfortable, and I have far fewer leaks than with the Swift FX. The thin headgear is a plus in my opinion. Mine did stretch out after about 5 months. Though it was still functional, I felt might eventually get too big. I swapped out the headgear with a spare, which was easy and quick. It would have been easy to snip the part that had stretched, overlap it a bit and sew it back together. If I hadn't had the spare, that's what I would have done.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:57 pm

I tried the swift for a month and then switched to the P10 and it was much, much better for me because the swift was too flexible under the nose causing more leaking. Note that our sponsor, cpap.com, sells some of the most popular masks, like the P10, with free return insurance which is a great deal to be able to try out new masks but not be stuck with them if they don't work for you.

The headgear does stretch out but can be easily shrunk back again by removing the headgear and washing it in very hot water. It's the most popular nasal pillow mask here by far and a best seller on cpap.com. I ran a survey some time ago that you can find by searching my posts. The venting is very diffuse and quiet - they did an excellent job with that part of the design.

Quickstrike

Post by Quickstrike » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Tried the P10 for about 30 minutes and can't seem to adjust the headgear so it's comfortable so overall it's very tight.