ASV noise

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bons

ASV noise

Post by Bons » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:27 am

I just started using the 60 series ASV. It is louder than my snoring without it! Their is only a slight hum when I am exhaling but as soon as the inhalation pressure rises it makes a loud kinda gearing up noise until it switches back to Ipap. Is this normal? I hope not cause it keeps me awake.

It's set for minIpap 5 minPS0 and biflex 2. My average pressure support was 6.7 and 95% Ipap was 6.6

M'ohms

Re: ASV noise

Post by M'ohms » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:04 am

Mine doesn't sound that loud, however it is slightly louder than my other machines. The switch from IP to EPAP does make a noise. My min PS is 5.5 so it should make more noise than your setting of PS 0. Take it to your DME and have them look at it. It may be normal and your hearing is very sensitive, or it may need to be replaced, I don't know. If it is under warranty, the DME should take care of it.

Bons

Post by Bons » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:10 am

I meant minEpap of 5 of course.

I find it odd that I had no breathing incidents in the sleep lab but I obviously do at home. I can't change settings until after I see the sleep doc because she will definitely report me as no compliant if I do.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:10 pm

Bons wrote:I meant minEpap of 5 of course.

I find it odd that I had no breathing incidents in the sleep lab but I obviously do at home. I can't change settings until after I see the sleep doc because she will definitely report me as no compliant if I do.
compliant means using the machine.

if you change the settings, and your doctor freaks out, then you've got the wrong doctor, however, if she lies and says you're not compliant, all you have to do is print off a report from your card to prove that she's lying and that you are compliant.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.