REMstar plus

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bear

REMstar plus

Post by Bear » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:45 pm

I have a REMstar| plus (model 1005960) cpap and my setting is 9 and have been on it for almost a year I have gained some weight in that year and want to move it up to a higher setting can anyone tell me how to do this as I have lost my user manual. I really don't want to go for another sleep study to get the doctor to do it as it was hard enough the first time.

If you want to contact me off board please PM me or send me an email to bigtrucker_bear@yahoo.com.

Thanks ahead of time.

[Bear]

P.S. I do not have two little buttons under the display screen as on the new REMstar plus machines I have the "domestic" model three buttons on the top (ramp up button, humidifier on/off, and the on/off button thats all.
Just like the one in my avatar to the left, 3 buttons not 5.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): humidifier, CPAP

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): humidifier, CPAP

Last edited by Bear on Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vader

Re: REMstar plus

Post by Vader » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:08 pm

Bear wrote:I have a REMstar| plus (model 1005960) cpap and my setting is 9 and have been on it for almost a year I have gained some weight in that year and want to move it up to a higher setting can anyone tell me how to do this as I have lost my user manual. I really don't want to go for another sleep study to get the doctor to do it as it was hard enough the first time.

If you want to contact me off board please PM me or send me an email to bigtrucker_bear@yahoo.com.

Thanks ahead of time.

[Bear]

P.S. I do not have two little buttons under the display screen as on the new REMstar plus machines I have the "domestic" model three buttons on the top (ramp up button, humidifier on/off, and the on/off button thats all.

Hey Bear,
I have the same machine. You can view the manual here:

http://www.cpap-supply.com/manuals/REMs ... Manual.pdf

Bear

Post by Bear » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:27 pm

Vader wrote: Hey Bear,
I have the same machine. You can view the manual here:

http://www.cpap-supply.com/manuals/REMs ... Manual.pdf
You rock that is what I needed!
Thanks!

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): humidifier, CPAP[/quote]

Vader

Post by Vader » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:43 pm

You rock

yeah. it's what I do.

Glad to help!

wahooker

Post by wahooker » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:20 am

You wouldn't happen to have links to other respironics clinicians manual PDFs would you?

Vader

Post by Vader » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:17 pm

wahooker wrote:You wouldn't happen to have links to other respironics clinicians manual PDFs would you?
Sorry, but I don't have any other links to Respironics Manuals.
I do know how to do some clinical adjustments on the RemStar Plus M series w/C flex, but I'd probably get banned from the board if I offered
them!
If I had a link, OTOH, no harm is done (by me, anyway) LOL

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:23 pm

wahooker wrote:You wouldn't happen to have links to other respironics clinicians manual PDFs would you?
You will find what you seek with a search for CPAP on E-bay.

- roberto

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

stlsleepybear

Post by stlsleepybear » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:45 pm

I have the same machine and I tried to follow the link provided, but it no longer works. My sleep physcian told me to look online to find out how to lower my pressure, but I keep finding the directions for the wrong type of cpap. I only have three buttons on mine. Can anyone help?!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Try this link..scroll down till you see Remstar Plus (This older model has 3 buttons on the top,)

http://www.apneaboard.com/CPAP%20Adjustment.htm
stlsleepybear wrote:I have the same machine and I tried to follow the link provided, but it no longer works. My sleep physcian told me to look online to find out how to lower my pressure, but I keep finding the directions for the wrong type of cpap. I only have three buttons on mine. Can anyone help?!

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Kairosgrammy

Post by Kairosgrammy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Go to http://www.apneaboard.com. They have manuals that you can download. Don't know if they have that particular one but they probably will. That said, do you feel tired etc. Lack of sleep can cause weight gain but sometimes it's just plain overeating.
Bear wrote:I have a REMstar| plus (model 1005960) cpap and my setting is 9 and have been on it for almost a year I have gained some weight in that year and want to move it up to a higher setting can anyone tell me how to do this as I have lost my user manual. I really don't want to go for another sleep study to get the doctor to do it as it was hard enough the first time.

Thanks ahead of time.

[Bear]

Just like the one in my avatar to the left, 3 buttons not 5.

stlsleeper

Post by stlsleeper » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Pugsy wrote:Try this link..scroll down till you see Remstar Plus (This older model has 3 buttons on the top,)

stlsleepybear wrote:I have the same machine and I tried to follow the link provided, but it no longer works. My sleep physcian told me to look online to find out how to lower my pressure, but I keep finding the directions for the wrong type of cpap. I only have three buttons on mine. Can anyone help?!
THANK YOU PUGSY!! This is exactly what I was looking for. I had gastric by-pass in 2006. I had a study after I lost weight, but still had a little apnea. And since I have narcolepsy as well, it was throwing a wrench in my whole sleep process! I would use it at night, but then my "other" stomach would blow up and talk about feeling bloated for days!!!

My doctor actually wants me to do another study and try the bi-pap, but I can't afford a study right now. So he suggested I try to find out how to adjust it online. Don't try and call Respronics, they have a cow because you have to have a prescription to adjust the pressure. Won't even let you get a word in edgewise.

Anyway, thank heavens for this forum and for all of you. I loved my cpap before and hope that I can love it agin.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:23 pm

stlsleeper wrote:This is exactly what I was looking for
No problem. Glad to help. FWIW...if you can find a BiPaP on craigslist that has data capabilites (even the older models) we could probably help you zero in on a comfortable pressure that takes care of the apneas and won't blow you up like a balloon. Much cheaper than a new sleep study which are of course the most ideal way to go but sometimes we just can't swing the cost of "ideal". Software is out there and even the smart card reader for the older Respironics machines is still available for around $40.

Should you find yourself able to go that route then just drop me a line and I can help you figure out how to get and use the software.

I use a BiPap...not because of bloating...but just because it is so very comfortable and I actually found I finally feel so much better on it than my APAP. I can sure see where the different pressures would really help someone fighting aerophagia.

If you are unsure about which BiPaps offer data...send me a note if you are interested at sometime in going down that road and I will explain them further. I have seen some really cheap BiPaps (older models with data) on craigslist. Just a thought to put on the back burner in case you still have problems after adjusting your current machine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

stlsleeper

Post by stlsleeper » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:54 am

Pugsy wrote:
stlsleeper wrote:This is exactly what I was looking for
If you are unsure about which BiPaps offer data...send me a note if you are interested at sometime in going down that road and I will explain them further. I have seen some really cheap BiPaps (older models with data) on craigslist. Just a thought to put on the back burner in case you still have problems after adjusting your current machine.
I will definitely keep this post and your information for reference as I am sure my doctor will continue to try and get me on the bi-pap. Thanks again and I'll be talking to you!