First Time Using Sleepyhead -- Comments, please

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jilliansue

First Time Using Sleepyhead -- Comments, please

Post by jilliansue » Thu May 05, 2016 9:42 am

Hello! This is my very first time using Sleepyhead, even though I have been on the hose for 5+ years (I previously used a Resmed S8 which was not compatible with Sleepyhead). I followed the directions I found for posting graphs and here is the result. I welcome any comments. Thank you!

jilliansue

Re: First Time Using Sleepyhead -- UPDATED CHARTComments, please

Post by jilliansue » Thu May 05, 2016 10:03 am

The size on this one will hopefully be smaller. Once I signed up for an account at imgur, I was able to select the large thumbnail size that the instructions specified. I think if the chart is small, you can enlarge it by clicking on it. Thank you!

LSAT

Re: First Time Using Sleepyhead -- Comments, please

Post by LSAT » Thu May 05, 2016 10:57 am

Change the machine shown in your profile...You are not using the S8 with h4i humid.

jilliansue

Post by jilliansue » Thu May 05, 2016 11:31 am

Thanks for the reminder to change my equipment in my profile!

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu May 05, 2016 2:40 pm

jilliansue wrote:The size on this one will hopefully be smaller. Once I signed up for an account at imgur, I was able to select the large thumbnail size that the instructions specified. I think if the chart is small, you can enlarge it by clicking on it. Thank you!
wholly carp!!! a newbie that can read, and follow simple instructions... you have NO idea how rare that is.

well done! *round of applause*

(and, I'm not being sarcastic.)

as to your data, my first thought is a tiny bit more pressure, and a bit more pressure support might get the obstructives and hypos better under control.... but it's not bad as it is.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Good job on following the directions...like PR says...it seems to be too difficult for most.

In general I can't really make any constructive comments on your report because it is rather boring (which is good) and I don't really see anything that needs work or improvement. In fact it looks a lot cleaner than my 960 report.
Did you have something that needed further explanation or something you wondered about or are you having some sort of problem?
On paper...you look like you are doing a good job.

I don't know that I would worry too much about those little clusters of hyponeas. This model machine seems to leave residual hyponeas maybe a little more than ResMed but unless you are having problems...having a couple of small clusters probably isn't worth more than a shrug of the shoulders.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jilliansue

Post by jilliansue » Thu May 05, 2016 4:00 pm

Pugsy,

Thank you so much! I set up the machine using settings you suggested for me a few months ago....I had just not gotten around to setting it up until the night before last. I thought the charts looked pretty good, but since I had not used Sleepyhead before, I wanted to be sure I was not overlooking anything. I feel like I have slept comfortably with the machine for the two nights so far now.

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

jilliansue

Post by jilliansue » Thu May 05, 2016 4:02 pm

palerider wrote:
jilliansue wrote:The size on this one will hopefully be smaller. Once I signed up for an account at imgur, I was able to select the large thumbnail size that the instructions specified. I think if the chart is small, you can enlarge it by clicking on it. Thank you!
wholly carp!!! a newbie that can read, and follow simple instructions... you have NO idea how rare that is.

well done! *round of applause*

(and, I'm not being sarcastic.)

as to your data, my first thought is a tiny bit more pressure, and a bit more pressure support might get the obstructives and hypos better under control.... but it's not bad as it is.
Ah, but I am only a newbie at using Sleepyhead and Imgur. Still, I will take the kudos!

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu May 05, 2016 5:26 pm

jilliansue wrote:Ah, but I am only a newbie at using Sleepyhead and Imgur. Still, I will take the kudos!
well, that was the part I was talking about we're all new at something, or we're not growing and evolving.

well done on SH and imgur.

also, remember, you can go and edit your old posts, instead of making a new post to correct an image... just hit the edit button above the post.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jilliansue

Post by jilliansue » Wed May 11, 2016 10:47 am

palerider wrote:
PR, what pressure would you recommend I increase slightly? Thank you!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 11, 2016 11:03 am

When I was using the 960 machine I had to do an little increase in the minimum EPAP to bring the hyponeas down.
Trying more PS didn't really do the trick as much as a little more EPAP which also will increase IPAP as a by product.

The general rule is EPAP for OAs and IPAP for hyponeas for regular bilevel machines but I am unsure how much that holds true for the ASV bilevel machines and there's 2 ways to get more IPAP anyway...with more EPAP you get more IPAP as a byproduct or you can increase PS so that only IPAP goes up.

You could try increasing only minimum PS by 1 or you could try increasing minimum EPAP by 1 and see what happens.
Don't do both at the same time though.

Given the variability of PS with this model machine's settings I would look at simply increasing minimum EPAP just a little if it were me. I don't think you need a lot and for that matter may not need to "fix" anything at least urgently anyway.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jilliansue

Post by jilliansue » Wed May 11, 2016 11:27 am

Thank you, Pugsy. I will try increasing minimum EPAP just a little, as you suggest. Overall, I am very happy with this machine (an improvement over the Resmed S8 VPAP ST), and really happy with how good my results have been with it right at the beginning, thanks to your suggested settings. Most nights, my AHI is in the 4-ish range. Two nights were 7, and one was 1.5. So overall, I would like to bring it down a bit.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed May 11, 2016 1:47 pm

jilliansue wrote:Thank you, Pugsy. I will try increasing minimum EPAP just a little, as you suggest. Overall, I am very happy with this machine (an improvement over the Resmed S8 VPAP ST), and really happy with how good my results have been with it right at the beginning, thanks to your suggested settings. Most nights, my AHI is in the 4-ish range. Two nights were 7, and one was 1.5. So overall, I would like to bring it down a bit.
in answer to your earlier question about how much is 'a little bit' I was thinking about what pugsy suggested, a cm at a time, and let it settle for a few days because of nightly variability of normal sleep.. see how it is, and if needed, adjust a little more, wait, reevaluate, etc.