NEED SOME ADVICE ON CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: NEED SOME ADVICE ON CPAP

Post by Pugsy » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:27 am

Okay...send me a private message (click on the little PM button up by my avatar) with your name and mailing address and I will get it off in the mail. Don't know the cost exactly but you can pay me when I find out the exact cost...Probably around $6 to $8 as I use USPS Priority mail. I have a PayPal account to make it easy or you can just send cash or check by return mail if you don't have PayPal.
It doesn't weigh much but the bulk is what might make it cost a little more...size of package.

I have been wanting to find a home for that hose anyway.
It will help the rain out a lot and will avoid the added weight of wrapping the hose in something which tends to pull on the mask.

He is likely mouth breathing which is drying out his throat and causing the sort throat...maybe because the humidity setting is causing the nasal congestion which is forcing mouth breathing. Let's try adjusting the humidity setting in hopes of reducing the nasal congestion...when you get home figure out the setting and we will go from there.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

CAIDENSMOM77

Post by CAIDENSMOM77 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:33 am

AWESOME THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME

knothead

Post by knothead » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:35 pm

CAIDENSMOM77 wrote:AWESOME THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME
Some of these folks here will bend over backwards to help you. Just follow their advice, ask questions and all will be good...

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Let your child know that masks and air hoses are standard equipment for firefighters,
jet pilots, astronauts, and SCUBA divers. A little fantasy can go a long way.

R1200ST

Post by R1200ST » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:03 pm

That advice works for big kids as well. I just think I am strapping on my flight gear when I go to bed.

joking aside. Please stay with this forum and make sure you come back and fill in the information for your profile. There are great people here that will walk you through getting your son on the right track.

And just a note. My daughter at the age of 4 had the largest tonsils the doctor had ever seen in a child of that age. She would have so much problems sleeping that she would wake up covered in sweat from trying to breath.

We had them removed and thank God she was great.

Rich

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 pm

You know, they yanked out kids' tonsils routinely when us older folks* were all kids, I think even if we didn't really need it. And all the dire consequences did not happen. The consequences of poorly treated apnea are much worse for a child's developing brain.

OMG, I'm officially ancient now that I'm using a phrase like "us older folks"!!!
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

itsjustme

Post by itsjustme » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:38 pm

After you turn the dial to set the humidity where you want it you need to give the button in the center a quick tap, then it locks in. Otherwise it goes right back to the previous setting. I did the exact same thing on mine. I have never needed to go above 2 and have never had a problem with condensation. Mine came with a heated hose so they should be readily available online.
CAIDENSMOM77 wrote:I KNOW HE IS USING THE FISHER & PAYKEL ICON AUTO CPAP...HE USES A CHIN STRAP BECAUSE HE IS A MOUTH BREATHER, THE MASK ONLY COVERS HIS NOSE AND HAS A HEADGEAR...IM NOT SURE OF HIS PRESSURE, THE HOSE IS NOT HEATED BUT IVE WRAPPED IT WITH A LIGHTWEIGHT FLEECE BLANKET TO HELP THE CONDENSATION BUILDUP, I BELIEVE THE HUMIDITY LEVEL IS HIGH AT 7..I TRIED TO LOWER IT TO A 4 BUT I THINK IM DOING IT WRONG BECAUSE EVERYTIME I TURN THE DIAL IT IS STILL AT 7

CAIDENSMOM77

Post by CAIDENSMOM77 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:24 am

MY GRANDMOTHER IS 97 AND SHE TOLD ME THAT BACK IN HER DAY WHEN KIDS TURNED 7 THEY REMOVED TONSILS AND ADENOIDS ON EVERY CHILD WEATHER THEY HAD ISSUES OR NOT...CRAZY! YES THIS FORUM IS WONDERFUL I AM GLAD I FOUND IT IM READING LOTS OF GREAT INFORMATION THAT IS GOING TO HELP MY SON SUCCEED IN USING CPAP FOR HOW EVER LONG HE NEEDS IT! AND THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE ON CHANGING THE HUMIDITY, I WAS DOING IT WRONG THIS WHOLE TIME I DIDNT HIT THE BUTTON AND IT WAS GOING BACK TO 7 THIS WHOLE TIME...I HAVE NOW DONE IT CORRECTLY!! YEAH! SMALL ACCOMPLISHMENTS MEAN THE WORLD TO SOMEONE USING CPAP!! LOL