First time in over 6 years for AHI 0.00

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
wacyone

First time in over 6 years for AHI 0.00

Post by wacyone » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:18 pm

Pugsy

Re: First time in over 6 years for AHI 0.00

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:39 pm

Congratulations. It's nice to have that validation occasionally.
Be careful though...past history ...when I have bragged the aliens come visiting and I get a real ugly night to go along with a real pretty night.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Papit

Post by Papit » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:49 pm

Nicely done, wacyone! Keep up the good work. Btw, what did you have for lunch and dinner? I'd like to try
the same thing you had and see if diet helped any. Also, did you exercise lightly, moderately or intensely or
not at all? Not to pry, but anything special romantically that night? (LOL, you needn't get into too much
detail! LOL.)

When members report in about their zero AHI's, I wonder whether it's really a random thing or whether
they did something special or something special occurred that day.

Anybody else recall something special about their day that later resulted in zero AHI readings? I've had
quite a few zero AHIs because my machine is extremely effective, but I think there was nothing way out
of the ordinary in common about what happened during the day when I got those readings at night.

PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:12 pm

Papit wrote:When members report in about their zero AHI's, I wonder whether it's really a random thing or whether
Cool night sleeping in my little tent trailer.

wacyone

Post by wacyone » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:59 am

Papit... I did nothing that I usually don't do. Only thing I can say that changed was my machine. I got the new system one on October 22, 2015 and have seen better results with it. As far as exercise it is pretty hard for me as I have had both hips replaced, right knee replaced and now have spinal stenosis. I still go to work part time and drive bus. Thank you for your reply.

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:56 am

Could You Tell any Difference in the way you Felt That Following day ? Energy, etc.

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

CaptainRaven40

Post by CaptainRaven40 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:52 am

Congratulations!! That is great! Keep doing what you are doing. If you have a bad night and see a bad AHI remember all the great ones you have had!

araminta

Post by araminta » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:00 pm

Papit wrote:When members report in about their zero AHI's, I wonder whether it's really a random thing or whether

Anybody else recall something special about their day that later resulted in zero AHI readings? I've had
quite a few zero AHIs because my machine is extremely effective, but I think there was nothing way out
of the ordinary in common about what happened during the day when I got those readings at night.
I had my first experience this week-- not AHI 0.0 but close enuf AHI 0.5 and it stayed for 2 or 3 nites and now is creeping back up to AHI 1.5

Context did change: After some 6 years, I finally was able to get a new machine, and along with it tried out a new mask. It's shocking how quiet this set up is! It's a wonderful change.

RobertS975

Post by RobertS975 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:12 am

I have been on CPAP since Feb 2014, and after experimentation with various masks and pillows for the first several months, I have been exclusively using the P10 pillows. Happy to report that I pitch frequent "perfect games", which is what I call an AHI of 0.0. It happens many times a month. The AHI is almost never above 1.0, and the long term average is about 0.35 according to SH.

At these low levels of event incidence, I am not even sure what the machine is actually measuring. I always wondered whether an involuntary "Valsalva" to roll over in bed, or even to pass gas, is interpreted as hypopnea. Who knows?

All I know is that I very rarely have the 4PM "fades" any longer, and the wife certainly notices the quiet in the bedroom when compared to the pre-treatment days.