One year -- whazzup with these numbers?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
M'ohms

Re: One year -- whazzup with these numbers?

Post by M'ohms » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Congrats on your major improvements! I hope things continue to improve!

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:38 pm

M'ohms wrote:Congrats on your major improvements! I hope things continue to improve!
Thanks, M'ohms!

Regressed a little Thursday night with 3 centrals, 1 obstructive, 71 hypops and an AHI of 9.83. But last night was 0 centrals, 0 obstructives, 19 hypops and an AHI of 2.14. And slept well ('cept for my middle-of-the-night party, of course).
M'ohms wrote:On my next visit, he couldn't figure out why my minimum PS was at 0 and he changed it to 5. Big change--I thought I was going to explode! It turned out that it took me about a week to get used to it, and I eventually increased it to 5.5 to get a higher tidal volume. That has worked out very well. I love my ASV!
Was curious about your tidal volume history. On APAP, mine was usually @ 220 (med #). Which sounds low (?). With the ASV, I've generally been 380 - 440. What was considered too low in your case? Do you feel better when it's higher? What are you aiming for? Thanks for any info on TV.

Love it that you love your ASV!

M'ohms

Post by M'ohms » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:51 pm

My sleep doctor wanted my tidal volume to be at 500. I was usually around 430. This was one of the reasons he moved my PS min to 5. While on 5, my tidal volume did go up, but not to 500. It was around 480ish. I bumped it to 5.5 and occasionally see 500 but not always. From my point of view, I did not notice any particular improvement from having a higher tidal volume. I'm sure it's important or else my doctor wouldn't have mentioned it.

What has made a noticeable improvement for me was moving from BiFlex to timed breathing. I was traveling and using my backup ResMed VPAP Adapt. I really liked how the air flow felt and wanted to get my PR960 to mimic that. I was using a BiFlex setting of 3, but none of the other settings, including turning it off, helped. Compared to the ResMed, the PR felt like the air support was bottoming-out too soon between breaths. I tried the timed breaths and settled on "2" which supports my breaths from start to finish (like the ResMed). This change makes me feel like I am breathing much deeper and clearer, which makes me feel better during the day.

Primate

Post by Primate » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:07 am

I just had a sleep study and an asv titration and was anxious because it felt like the asv was pushing me to breathe faster, which caused arousals. The technician did not get me down to zero apneas, but thought the asv should be helpful. Thanks to those who posted about this issue . Your information has is making me more comfortable giving ASV a try - when I get my machine.

Earon Davis