My new Respironics Dreamstation

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JasonK94Z

Re: My new Respironics Dreamstation

Post by JasonK94Z » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Pugsy wrote:
teachcsg wrote: First impression (for me and a sleep doc) was that it looked 'cheap' like an off-brand machine.
Maybe it will look better in person. I will say though that for the last few years it seems like Resmed has picked up their game (esp in mask) while Respironics seems to be lagging behind. IMHO
I pretty much agree with everything you said. Hopefully the machine won't look so "cheap" in real life.
I also agree about masks...seems like ResMed's new masks simply do better than what we have seen from Respironics in their new masks...or at least the ResMed's mask suit my personal needs better but I will be trying that totally new weird looking cradle like thing when it comes out just for grins.

Those of you wondering about that new mask...don't go holding your breath. It hasn't even been publicly released on the Respironics website and it could take months for it to finally make it to the public unless someone happens to be with a DME that gets some for demo purposes. If they do send out some demos...it's going to go to DMEs that sell Respironics machines though. Respironics is very unlikely to give a demo mask to a DME that sells primarily ResMed machines. They tend to take care of their own first.
I will be very surprised if that new mask makes itself available to the public by the first of the year. This stuff never progresses very quickly. Even when cpap.com eventually gets it...most likely it will be a "coming soon do your pre order now" thing and historically that's a 4 to 6 week wait once it makes it to the pre order status.
I should be getting the new Respironics nasal mask tomorrow or early next week to go with my dreamstation. Some DME's in the U.S. are already getting the new equipment in limited quantities.

AutoBiPAPFrank

Post by AutoBiPAPFrank » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:27 pm

ramblingasian wrote:
AutoBiPAPFrank wrote:Coming from a Respironics M Series Plus that I used for years, I do see a lot of pluses in my situation. Auto BiPAP is nice, heated tubing, long power cord, DreamMask appears to be a good replacement for my OptiLife, actually being able to evaluate on an ongoing basis how I am really doing. I don't like how long the device is and how it hinges toward the rear to open the humidifier causing you to give it even more room lengthwise. The travel bag is also a little clunky as you can't fully open it and the webbing doesn't come out to the edge of the bag. As I travel each week, the longer machine is more awkward to sling over the shoulder. It is easier to put under my airplane seat though.
That's good that you said Auto BiPAP - it means there's another option for me, as long as I read you correctly.
Yes, it is the Auto BiPAP model of the Dreamstation.

hyperlexis

Post by hyperlexis » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:09 am

JasonK94Z wrote:
Hose_Head wrote:
JasonK94Z wrote:
The top of the water tank is wide open. I'll take pics tomorrow.

The display turns off automatically after a few seconds. Completely dark.
It has a light sensor that also automatically dims the display in low light situations.

I'm not familiar with filters. I just know mine is small.

Hi there -- can you set the display to stay on during use? Or, if it dims/shuts off, will moving the control knob 'wake up' the display while its running? On the current System One machines, once the display light turns off, it stays off. It makes checking pressures during the night exceedingly difficult without a flashlight....

Re the design, I think it looks good, but the display setup on the end I could have a problem with. A setup like on the new Resmed Air models looks like it would be easier to see on a nightstand. It would be far better if they just placed the humidifier module directly underneath the blower, like the DeVilbiss models.

JasonK94Z

Post by JasonK94Z » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:55 am

The display goes off after 60 seconds or so. Either push or turn the knob, and it comes back on. The light sensor also can see that it is dark, so it dims the display so not to burn your retinas lol

I agree, the Resmed is a very nice looking machine. My doc preferred Respironics but I could have insisted on the Resmed if I wanted to. I like the fact that Resmed isn't deathbed white. Looks more like the clock you plug your iPhone into.

SleepyGuyRPSGT13

Post by SleepyGuyRPSGT13 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:29 am

Hey guys, I'm a 9 year RPSGT and work closely with several DME's. I currently have some Respironics Dreamstations available if interested. I've always heavily favored ResMed for both machines and masks, but Respironics is getting serious with these new machines. They're fantastic! Let me know if you're interested. I've got a listing on dotmed. Can't post the link here though

SleepyGuyRPSGT

Post by SleepyGuyRPSGT » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:34 am

Whoops! Send messages to "SleepyGuyRPSGT". Thanks

OnceSolemn

Post by OnceSolemn » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:03 pm

Just picked up one of these buys from my DME yesterday. AutoCPAP, using it with the Wisp mask.

Digging it so far. I'm coming from a SystemOne 550 that's about 5 years old now so this is a big change for me. I'm impressed! Only had one night with it, but the interface & hardware seems pretty solid so far.

Jackie1

Post by Jackie1 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:46 pm

On Wednesday I'm going to pick up either one of these from the medical supply place:

Dream station auto cpap
Air sense 10 Resmed

If anyone had anymore comments, please let me know. This will be first time with a machine.
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Sleep study prescription 9-15
AirFit™ P10 nose pillow mask

archangle

Post by archangle » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:10 pm

Jackie1 wrote:On Wednesday I'm going to pick up either one of these from the medical supply place:

Dream station auto cpap
Air sense 10 Resmed

If anyone had anymore comments, please let me know. This will be first time with a machine.
I would get the ResMed A10 AutoSet. The DreamStation Auto is probably fine, but it's a new model with an unproven track record. We also don't have any publicly available free software to read the data from the DreamStation yet.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

JasonK94Z

Post by JasonK94Z » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:06 pm

Jackie1 wrote:On Wednesday I'm going to pick up either one of these from the medical supply place:

Dream station auto cpap
Air sense 10 Resmed

Either one. They both blow air at a prescribed level.

Jackie1

Post by Jackie1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:38 pm

archangle wrote:

Dream station auto cpap
Air sense 10 Resmed

I would get the ResMed A10 AutoSet. The DreamStation Auto is probably fine, but it's a new model with an unproven track record. We also don't have any publicly available free software to read the data from the DreamStation yet.
I went with the ResMed A10 AutoSet. I posted some more info and pictures here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108528&p=1035052#p1035052
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Sleep study prescription 9-15
AirFit™ P10 nose pillow mask

problems

Post by problems » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:03 pm

hi,
anyone having problems with their dreamstation auto cpap not turning off when they remove the mask? 80% of the time mine doesn't. nor does it reset to a lower pressure when I wake or take it off. mine is set up correctly, but the auto features apparently do not work. when I got up to go to the bathroom the screen said 13.7 and it said the same when I returned to bed 3-4 minutes later. if its acting like this, it probably never goes down when I need less pressure! can anyone explain this? (its important I have a machine that only delivers the minimum pressure I need because I discovered trying to exhale against high pressure has caused my blood sugar to rise 60 points.)

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:12 pm

problems wrote:hi,
anyone having problems with their dreamstation auto cpap not turning off when they remove the mask? 80% of the time mine doesn't. nor does it reset to a lower pressure when I wake or take it off. mine is set up correctly, but the auto features apparently do not work. when I got up to go to the bathroom the screen said 13.7 and it said the same when I returned to bed 3-4 minutes later. if its acting like this, it probably never goes down when I need less pressure! can anyone explain this? (its important I have a machine that only delivers the minimum pressure I need because I discovered trying to exhale against high pressure has caused my blood sugar to rise 60 points.)
???

Without knowing anything about how you actually have your machine set up or what mask you're using, the only thing I can think of is that some machines in the past didn't "Auto Off" when using certain nasal masks.

My suggestion is to push the On/Off button to turn it off.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05