Whcih Pillow would you recommend? (San Francisco, CA)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tomasso

Whcih Pillow would you recommend? (San Francisco, CA)

Post by tomasso » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:53 am

Good Day fellow apneotics,

I am very happy with my Resmed's Mirage Swift mask, but I think my pillow might be too high ... it sort of "pushes" my mask sideways, do you think a shallower pillow might correct this? any suggestions?

I am 5'4" and I weight 152lbs, and I use the small "nozzle" in my mask .. I live in San Francisco, do you know any local store? or an online retailer?

Thanks a lot!!!

krousseau

Post by krousseau » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:10 am

We have a "collection" of pillows around our home--foam, down, polyfill, small/large, hard/soft, in betweens, small & lg cervical. The one I like best is a extra soft down pillow from Scandia Down that I can fold in half if I'm on my back, scrunch into shapes that don't hit my mask if I'm on my side, or flatten & shape if I'm on my stomach. That all worked with my F&P Flexifit 406-I'll see what I can do with the hybrid.
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law

inacpapfog

Post by inacpapfog » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:40 am

That "side push" you describe can be fixed if you follow the thread by a fellow user, Tridens, "Solution for Swift side sleepers"
viewtopic.php?t=4290&start=0.
Sure solved that side movement for me!

cpapjack

Re: Whcih Pillow would you recommend? (San Francisco, CA)

Post by cpapjack » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:14 am

tomasso wrote:or an online retailer?
cpap.com

Maryb

Post by Maryb » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:57 am

I like the thermoelastic foam pillow that has neck support.
My sister bought one for me from J.C.Penney's

Maryb

cpapjack

Post by cpapjack » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:17 pm

Ooops. I misread your question. I didn't realize you were talking about an actual pillow. I thought you were talking about the pillows that come with the swift. My bad.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): swift

jondough

Post by jondough » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:56 pm

funny, i read krousseau's answer as a tounge in cheek response because i read the original as being the mask pillows. go figure.

i thought her response was ever so clever, just to find out how little it takes to confuse and humor me.
michael

dx bipappro2 [14-11] nov 04
no more mysterious lost days, weekends, weeks.

idahogal

Post by idahogal » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:14 pm

krousseau wrote:We have a "collection" of pillows around our home--foam, down, polyfill, small/large, hard/soft, in betweens, small & lg cervical. The one I like best is a extra soft down pillow from Scandia Down that I can fold in half if I'm on my back, scrunch into shapes that don't hit my mask if I'm on my side, or flatten & shape if I'm on my stomach. That all worked with my F&P Flexifit 406-I'll see what I can do with the hybrid.
Krousseau, with no disrespect, I just went and looked at Scandiadown.com and I love a great pillow just as much as the next person, but OMG!!!!! I can't imagine paying that much for a pillow!!! Maybe I am just behind in the times Don't get me wrong I think it awesome to have a great pillow. I just don't think I have ever seen a pillow with that kind of price tag. I just have to envy and drool....not on that pillow of course..LOL

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:02 pm

I have the papillow and love it. I can sleep in any position and be comfortable.

krousseau

Post by krousseau » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:05 pm

Susan-We have so many pillows around this house that don't work (If I could resell all of them I could buy at least two more down pillows). I also have a cervical disc problem and would wake up with pain shooting down my arm. I've tried a friend's tempurpedic and a Nikken pillow with magnets before getting the down one. It came with a guarantee and they will clean, re-cover it and add more down every three years for $15. I love it and do try not to drool on it.

Jondough I read your post and laughed 5 minutes.

Kay

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law

tomasso

Post by tomasso » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:26 pm

THANKS A LOT TO EVERYONE !!