Calling Sleepyhead Gurus- ResMed SD Card Backup

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
coolbranch

Calling Sleepyhead Gurus- ResMed SD Card Backup

Post by coolbranch » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:45 am

I am running the lastest SH beta on PC. My question is about folder/ file structure. On the SD card within the DATALOG folder there are daily folders for each calendar day with that day's files. The SH backup DATALOG folder contains one "2015" named folder with all daily files for the year. Apparently SH does not perform a mirror copy of the SD card. Anyone know why this is and will the SH backup copy provide all I need to recover if I need to start from scratch someday?

I LOVE OSCAR

Krelvin

Re: Calling Sleepyhead Gurus- ResMed SD Card Backup

Post by Krelvin » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:39 am

Sleepyhead keeps a copy of the data it imports. It is not designed to recreate a SDCard.

There really is no point in recreating the SDcard normally since the Sleep Doctor and DME will normally only look at compliance data, not detail data. You get that from the machine simply by inserting a new SDCard into the CPAP machine.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

purple

Post by purple » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:48 am

All of the Sleep doctors I have ever seen, wanted detailed data. What compliance data he gets, he only does because it is part of his getting paid, which is part of his continuing to be in business. Nearly always Sleep Doctors said they would stay and talk to me as long as I had questions.

coolbranch

Post by coolbranch » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:26 am

Yes Sleepyhead does create backup from SD card but it copies the SD card differently. Not exactly a mirrored copy.

SD Card

Sleepyhead backup

I LOVE OSCAR

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:52 am

coolbranch wrote: Anyone know why this is and will the SH backup copy provide all I need to recover if I need to start from scratch someday?
SH backs up what SH needs to recalculate it's displayed data in case you change settings, or there's a glitch, or there's a new version that displays things differently, or calculates things differently.

as far as SH is concerned, there's raw data, and processed data, the raw data is what's on the card, processed data is what SH uses to show the charts and such.

is that enough answer?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

coolbranch

Post by coolbranch » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:34 pm

Thanks PR. The SH backup is for SH purposes only... So the SH backup folders/files will not suffice when used with other software such as ResScan. I will include the SD card as a source for my regular backup software.

I LOVE OSCAR

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:37 pm

coolbranch wrote:Thanks PR. The SH backup is for SH purposes only... So the SH backup folders/files will not suffice when used with other software such as ResScan. I will include the SD card as a source for my regular backup software.
I've been told, (never tried myself) that resscan will only import from a sd card, not from a directory that files were copied into.

so, for resscan, you'd have to make a full backup of your sd card every week, and to restore it, you'd have to restore them, one at a time, and import into resscan. (based on what I've been told)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.